Low Handicappers

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I have played cat 1 most of my golf life 30 plus years .
The biggest thing for me is look at your practice area .
The high cappers mainly on the range bombing long shots but the short game area is where you find the low men for at least 50% of their practice time.
Go and ask them what they are working on most (not all) will be helpful and give you some tips.
Watch how they practice ,what they do , how they go about it.
I have never met a low capper who could not chip and putt it's what turns a mediocre ball striking day into a decent score.

But as a cat 1, you probably drive staight. Ish. My score is driven by how well i drive. I need to practise driving.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I was talking to his dad earlier today turns out the plan is to take him to America for colleague and hit the colleague leagues for golf

we've had a few lads go to US Collegiate route all have been well in to plus fig to just get a place. one lad who's there at the moment is off +6 and he says hes not even the best player in their team.

if he is to succeed he will need to make some big improvements in the next couple of years as DRS says most of the people he will be competing against to get into a US collage are already off scratch and better at his age. we have a few kids around that at his age the youngest is 12 and is already off +1.

there was quite a funny photo of the big scratch team comp up here and it looked like we had sent the junior team by mistake:rofl:

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
But as a cat 1, you probably drive staight. Ish. My score is driven by how well i drive. I need to practise driving.
Yes I do get this ,
But I have seen many players have a lesson , go the range , decide it feels to awkward to change go back to " normal " and spend hours practicing their mistakes until it's so ingrained in their swings that they can't change it.

Most low cappers if they are struggling will stop get advice then work on what they need to do until it is sorted.

I do drive it well but had to put in the work years ago to get down.

As we get a bit older our game changes , I don't hit the ball like I used to.
We all need to adapt to changes in our capabilities Phisically.

Just don't go practicing your swing faults.

At the range I will hit driver then hit an iron to a target flag, then a chip.

Try playing your home course on the practice tee.

Dont just hit driver after driver really think about what your doing.
Keep score and put some pressure on yourself to try and beat the score the next time you go.

Last edited: