Lost irons

Tab373

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I sold my ping i20 irons last week to a forum member and posted Wednesday via myhermes. Now on Monday myself and the buyer noticed that the irons were still showing that I dropped them off at the local parcel shop but not moved since. So I email myhermes and there response was sorry the item is lost. Please fill in a claim. Now I've used Hermes about 50 times and never had a problem so stupidly I never insured them for more than £50 so I stand to lose a lot of money with nothing to show for it. I can't believe Hermes response now I'm not a small bloke work in security and have worked as a doorman/bouncer for 13 years. I tempted to visit the shop tomorrow and have a word I'm not going to threaten anyone but I would like some answers. I would like to perhaps ask how they have disappeared from the shop. Ask the Managers name and tell them I am going to report the shop to the police as I believe they have been stolen by someone in the shop. I have the serial number and am checking eBay regularly. What would you do.