Looking for "Pinnacle" Ball

Balabill

Visit site
I am a 10 handicap player I am a senior and have lost some distance off the tee. I use to favor the Pinnacle in red print , not sure of the name. I have been looking for a ball that is similar to the red Pinnacle ball with no success, I am assuming they do not make that ball anymore . My question, is there a ball out thee that I haven't tried yet that is similar to the red print Pinnacle ball.

Balabill

Visit site
I have tried the Pro-V but I get too much side spin. I have not tried the Velocity but that will be my next purchase. Thank you CliveW

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Have you thought about a soft compression ball??

A few of us at my club have been experimenting with different balls over the last few months and ive found the a low compression ball has been going the same distances compaired to the premium ball I would usually use in the summer.

My current winter ball is the Callaway supersoft, even when its been cold, temps that I previously would be losing 10 yards + with my usual Prv1, this ball has been going the same as my summer distances, spins far less too

Balabill

Visit site
I have seen Robin Hood hit a drive the way I use to hit them, very impressive. The Velocity has my attention and Patrick 148 likes the Callaway supersoft that I will also give it a try.
I find it somewhat confusing when your shopping for balls. For example Taylor Made has at least 6 different balls as does Callaway, unless your an expert at aerodynamics you just grab the cheapest box.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have seen Robin Hood hit a drive the way I use to hit them, very impressive. The Velocity has my attention and Patrick 148 likes the Callaway supersoft that I will also give it a try.
I find it somewhat confusing when your shopping for balls. For example Taylor Made has at least 6 different balls as does Callaway, unless your an expert at aerodynamics you just grab the cheapest box.

If you want it even more confusing....the Pinnacle Gold was the same ball as the Titliest NXT - same company manufacturing a single product for 2 market segments.

However, I suspect that wasn't the version you are referencing - which would currently have the Srixon distance ball as it's close match.
Whether as a senior this ball would actually give you the best distance is another matter entirely. Only you can establish that. Personally I would put a Callaway supersoft to the test first.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
In Winter conditions a soft feel ball will allow you to recover some of your summer distances. The Srixon soft feel is a fair ball for this.

Wolf

Visit site
Been using TM Project S ball since December as got them cheap and wanted try a soft compression for winter. They come in a 60 compression and have to say for winter distance they're pretty good no much difference to summer carries at all, plus they really stop and give a decent feel around the green and not overly soft off the putter face.

I've also got some Vokvik S3 in mint colour my daughter got me for Christmas and I think they're even better than the TM Project S, so I'll use both of those over winter and then I have to find the hunt for a summer ball... Golfers we really are a mad bunch where we like to talk about our balls

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Have you thought about a soft compression ball??

A few of us at my club have been experimenting with different balls over the last few months and ive found the a low compression ball has been going the same distances compaired to the premium ball I would usually use in the summer.

My current winter ball is the Callaway supersoft, even when its been cold, temps that I previously would be losing 10 yards + with my usual Prv1, this ball has been going the same as my summer distances, spins far less too
I would second this and also recommend the Wilson Staff DX2 Soft, and the Titleist DT Trusoft.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Having a quick rummage through my pick ups I have found 4 different Pinnacles with red logo and number
Pinnacle Gold
Pinnacle Gold Spin
Pinnacle Gold Precision
Pinnacle Titanium Distance

I also think the Pinnacle FX has red logos and numbers.

Without knowing precisely what ball you mean it would be very hard to suggest an alternative.

May be better saying what you are looking for in a ball in terms of what it does on landing ie drop and stop, drop and roll a few yards or drop and roll some distance. soft feel, medium feel, hard feel.

Golf4Life

Visit site
My father has the same "problem" like you. He is loosing distance with the years. Last time he tried the Maxfli Softfli and was very impressed. Maybe that´s an option for you?

Balabill

Visit site
Thank you Guys it was a very informative thread, I have made a note of all your suggestions and will put them on trial as soon as it stops snowing.
Bill