Looking for new moderators

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I imagine mods can only do the role for so long. Seems like a thankless task.

Theres a few that left, or very rarely post or are seen, so it’s possibly to replace those, not the more visible ones.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Has fragger fraggered himself

No sorry to disappoint ?

I imagine mods can only do the role for so long. Seems like a thankless task.

It is indeed sometimes,

Theres a few that left, or very rarely post or are seen, so it’s possibly to replace those, not the more visible ones.

This ? just need to spread the load a little.

Whilst on the subject, can I debunk a story that seem to be gathering pace.

Nobody gets a direct ban for swearing or for anything else.

The swearing ( or other issue) attracts an infraction and a number of points, 3 for swearing, you need 10 points or more for a ban,
Now if after the first infraction, you do it again, then the second infraction is for ignoring moderator advice and is 8 points
That would then trigger a 7 day ban as you now have 11 points,

If when he returns, he then repeats /does something else to warrant another infraction, that pushes up their points even higher which triggers a longer ban.

Anybody that has had a ban will have had at least 2 infractions and probably several warnings

All infractions are live for a set time, so after 3 months a swearing one will drop off the live points score, so someone who has previous “history” but has been a good boy for a while can pick up another infraction , but escape a ban, because the live points score is under 10.

Hope you are still with me

Purpose of this blurb is to dispatch the myth that Moderators have the power and the inclination to ban who they like, it’s not like that,

We give infractions as we see fit and if that results in sufficient points then a ban is given

It’s all covered in the rules in OOB

I want people to see that the job of being a moderator isn’t just about laying down the law, that’s a very small part of it, it’s much more about keeping things on an even keel, and helping members with queries

Some days there is nothing to do, others there might be a handbag spat to deal with.

I don’t want people to be put off applying or enquiring about the position,because the impression is that it is all about bans, coz it isn’t

?