Looking for feedback .

bryzzy

Visit site
Hi , I am a keen golfer looking for feedback on an idea that I want to bring to the golfing market , the idea is to keep your glove dry in between your shots as I seem to , along with many other golfers end up with a sweaty glove .
My idea is called "Glovebuddy" , it is a simple piece of self adhesive Velcro , shaped as a hand , that comes in various colours , some bright , that sticks to your golf trolley , head covers , bag etc , it is used by simply sticking your glove to it keeping it safe and dry .
My idea is being used by a pro golfer on the Challenge Tour who I know , and is selling in my local golf club. To market my idea is looking very expensive so before I take the plunge , I would like to send out some free samples to anyone who PM's me their details and address , all that I would like is feedback on my idea from golfers that I do not know , who will give me unbiased feedback .
I have noticed that Wilson have now started selling new golf bags with a Velcro patch on , my idea is a simple cheap option that I have been working on over the past 4 years obtaining copyrights and design protection .
Please visit my website www.glovebuddy.co.uk or facebook page ' Glove Buddy Golf ' to see pictures etc . I am not asking anyone to purchase from my website that I have set up , I will send free samples if you PM me your details .
Thank you for taking the time to read my post .
Brian

rob_golf1

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Hi , I am a keen golfer looking for feedback on an idea that I want to bring to the golfing market , the idea is to keep your glove dry in between your shots as I seem to , along with many other golfers end up with a sweaty glove .
My idea is called "Glovebuddy" , it is a simple piece of self adhesive Velcro , shaped as a hand , that comes in various colours , some bright , that sticks to your golf trolley , head covers , bag etc , it is used by simply sticking your glove to it keeping it safe and dry .
My idea is being used by a pro golfer on the Challenge Tour who I know , and is selling in my local golf club. To market my idea is looking very expensive so before I take the plunge , I would like to send out some free samples to anyone who PM's me their details and address , all that I would like is feedback on my idea from golfers that I do not know , who will give me unbiased feedback .
I have noticed that Wilson have now started selling new golf bags with a Velcro patch on , my idea is a simple cheap option that I have been working on over the past 4 years obtaining copyrights and design protection .
Please visit my website www.glovebuddy.co.uk or facebook page ' Glove Buddy Golf ' to see pictures etc . I am not asking anyone to purchase from my website that I have set up , I will send free samples if you PM me your details .
Thank you for taking the time to read my post .
Brian

I work as an Industrial Designer in an award winning design consultancy so might be in a very good position to help you if you are interested.

The first question I will ask, looking at your brief description of what your innovation is, how does a piece of Velcro keep the glove dry? Keeping the glove dry is a very good USP, but I think the concept might need a bit of a re-think. I'd be more than happy to help a little bit more so if you are interested then PM me and I will send you my contact details so we can discuss in more detail. I'd also be more than happy to test a few samples for you! Cheers!

bryzzy

Visit site
I work as an Industrial Designer in an award winning design consultancy so might be in a very good position to help you if you are interested.

The first question I will ask, looking at your brief description of what your innovation is, how does a piece of Velcro keep the glove dry? Keeping the glove dry is a very good USP, but I think the concept might need a bit of a re-think. I'd be more than happy to help a little bit more so if you are interested then PM me and I will send you my contact details so we can discuss in more detail. I'd also be more than happy to test a few samples for you! Cheers!

Hi Rob , thanks for your reply ,
The Velcro hand fastens your glove to your trolley , head cover , bag etc allowing it to hang in free air , instead of getting wet from your hand sweating from having to wear it , especially in the summer , or saves you from having to put it in your pocket where it will stay wet if your hand has been sweating while wearing it ,
Please PM me your address if you would like some samples , and I will send you some to try ,
On my local course they now have them on the windscreens of the golf buggies which are getting positive comments .
Regards , Brian

Last edited:

Spoorsy

Club Champion
Visit site
Hi,

As good as an idea as it sounds, what is the typical cost of your item? As a meter length of self adhesive Velcro can be purchased for around the £3 mark.

Also this surely increases the time between shots as taking the glove on and off around 70ish times around?

I wish you the best with your venture and hope you’re successful.

rob_golf1

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Hi Rob , thanks for your reply ,
The Velcro hand fastens your glove to your trolley , head cover , bag etc allowing it to hang in free air , instead of having to wear it , which In many cases makes your hand sweat , especially in the summer , or saves you from having to put it in your pocket where it will stay wet if your hand has been sweating while wearing it ,
Please PM me your address if you would like some samples , and I will send you some to try ,
On my local course they now have them on the windscreens of the golf buggies which are getting positive comments .
Regards , Brian
I am looking for feedback from golfers that are happy to try it .
Regards , Brian

No problem Brian! I'd just like to offer expertise as an Industrial Designer to see where I can help. Makes a bit more sense now and I can totally see your theory and what you are trying to achieve. I'll PM you an address. There are also a few engineers I work with who are golfers so they might have a few thoughts as well.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
You say Wilson have just started selling bags with a velcro patch on - I think then last 3 bags I've owned have all had one.
That's going back about 5-6 years at least..

bryzzy

Visit site
No problem Brian! I'd just like to offer expertise as an Industrial Designer to see where I can help. Makes a bit more sense now and I can totally see your theory and what you are trying to achieve. I'll PM you an address. There are also a few engineers I work with who are golfers so they might have a few thoughts as well.

Great , thank you Rob , with your position as an engineer I would really appreciate your feedback and maybe your help if we need to make any alterations or changes ,
Regards, Brian

Last edited:

bryzzy

Visit site
Hi,

As good as an idea as it sounds, what is the typical cost of your item? As a meter length of self adhesive Velcro can be purchased for around the £3 mark.

Also this surely increases the time between shots as taking the glove on and off around 70ish times around?

I wish you the best with your venture and hope you’re successful.

Thank you for your comment ,
They are selling for £1 each , which if you would like to try a sample I will send you some for free ,
The hands are positioned on the trolley or head covers or a position on the golf bag Where you can take your glove off and simply stick it on the Glovebuddy while walking inbetween shots , feel free to PM me your details if you would like to try one ,many thanks , Brian

Spoorsy

Club Champion
Visit site
Thank you for the offer, but I don’t think it’s for me, I normal change gloves at the 10th if my glove starts getting damp.

Thanks again I appreciate the offer, but it isn’t for me.

bryzzy

Visit site
You say Wilson have just started selling bags with a velcro patch on - I think then last 3 bags I've owned have all had one.
That's going back about 5-6 years at least..

Thank you for your reply ,
That's good to know that other golf companies think it's a good idea to have Velcro on their bags ,
My idea is a cheap option to use on bags that aren't manufactured with a Velcro strip , plus it's an attractive novelty idea , if you would like to try some PM me you details and I will send you some samples ,
Thank you , Brian

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
A number of golf bags have this velcro attachment and I use it.

Firstly I think your idea is quite good in that you can put the velcro where you, the user finds it most handy and accessible. I disagree that it will slow up play as I take my glove off when walking, not after I hit the shot. Having the velcro on the trolley handle is far easier than round the side where it is usually situated.

Good luck with your project and product.

D

Deleted member 16999

Great idea and doing them in different novelty designs and colours would, imo, attract different people.

As Jacko says it’s good from the point of view, you can place it that’s suitable to you.

What about one on a key ring or strap to hang from the inside of your brolly when it’s up, ideal place to protect it from the elements.

Price will be your biggest factor. Good luck, lot more practical than people think and has possibilities in other areas, like inside school bags for kids.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
I think youre missing a few tricks here matey, how about making a pair of these so that you can stick the likes of (but not limited to) putter head covers to your bag while on the green etc, I usually put my 2ball cover onto the end of the umbrella handle but the cover is now buggered and needs replacing as it has been used so much. I know you can just leave the cover on top of the bag etc but if you somehow manage to forget to replace it then you can drop it and leave it behind easily. Our locker room lost property is testament to this happening with head covers a lot.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
sounds like a non product to me . most bags already have a glove attachment which is a bit of Velcro. Why would you go and buy something most already have.??

myself i poke my glove over the end of my umbrella between shots. might not work on a carry bag, but most of these have the velcro on

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
When it's hot I take my glove off and put it in my pocket. Most bags I've had do have a velcro patch but I never use them. Hubby does and then often gets to the tee to find it's on his bag still so has to walk back to his bag for it.

Could the patches be attached to belt or something so no falling out of pocket and no forgetting and leaving on bag?