Looking for an invite - can you help

heronsghyll

Head Pro
Visit site
To all Forumers who live in and around Southport:

My mate and I are playing golf in Scotland later this year, we are driving up from the South and intend to "hack all the way there", play 5 days and then head for home.

We are intending to break up the route on the way back with a 2 x night stop over around the Southport area. We fancy playing a couple of courses like Hillside, St Annes Old Links, Wallasey, Formby etc. before heading for home.

My issue is we want to play a course in the area on Saturday morning before setting off for home after lunch. To do that, we need to get on a course at the latest by 9am, which on a members course is always going to be difficult.

So my shout out is - would anyone be available, who is a member of a course, to play with us (thereby signing us in) in the locality prior to 9am on Saturday September 10th 2016?

It would just be the 2 x of us, Guy my mate is of 12 and I play off 8.

Thanks for anyone who can help.

Dave (Heronsghyll)

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
To all Forumers who live in and around Southport:

My mate and I are playing golf in Scotland later this year, we are driving up from the South and intend to "hack all the way there", play 5 days and then head for home.

We are intending to break up the route on the way back with a 2 x night stop over around the Southport area. We fancy playing a couple of courses like Hillside, St Annes Old Links, Wallasey, Formby etc. before heading for home.

My issue is we want to play a course in the area on Saturday morning before setting off for home after lunch. To do that, we need to get on a course at the latest by 9am, which on a members course is always going to be difficult.

So my shout out is - would anyone be available, who is a member of a course, to play with us (thereby signing us in) in the locality prior to 9am on Saturday September 10th 2016?

It would just be the 2 x of us, Guy my mate is of 12 and I play off 8.

Thanks for anyone who can help.

Dave (Heronsghyll)

I can say for 100% you will not get on Wallasey prior to 9am (in fact prior to 2pm) on Saturday 10th September as there is a comp on.

D

Deleted member 1740

Can you suggest another option? Any ideas where we could play?

Formby Hall maybe, everywhere else Will be comp day especially at the more established clubs. Could you not change your plans do midweek?

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Can you suggest another option? Any ideas where we could play?

Honestly, I think you will struggle on a Saturday morning. The only thing I could think of would be to contact Hillside or Formby as sometimes the more prestigious clubs have fewer competitions. You will pay top dollar though. Or, as Stu says, maybe a resort course like Formby Hall (decent enough track) would be able to host you.

Duckster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I think you'll be lucky to get on anywhere before 9am unless you got to Southport Muni. Most clubs (think even Formby Hall is the same) on a Saturday have the comps out first. Ours has comps on Saturday and Sunday from 6.50 till 11 with no guests or visitors allowed in these times.

If you've already done a couple of days in Southport, why not try to find somewhere on the way home, so you'd be hitting it later on in the day.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Have a look on golf empire, to see if any opens on, although all might not be loaded on yet, but the majority should be.

This is what's on Golf Empire right now for that day.

My geography isn't the best so apologies if some of these are nowhere near.

Cheshire 10/09/2016 Mellor & Townscliffe Golf Club Gents Pairs Open £30
Cheshire 10/09/2016 The Tytherington Golf Club Junior European Open £39
Lancashire 10/09/2016 Accrington & District Golf Club Gents Individual Open £10
Lancashire 10/09/2016 Darwen Golf Club Gents Team Open £30
Nottinghamshire 10/09/2016 Rufford Park Golf Club Team Open £100
Staffordshire 10/09/2016 Barlaston Golf Club Mixed Pairs Open £20
Yorkshire North 10/09/2016 Settle Golf Club Ladies Team Open £30
Yorkshire North 10/09/2016 Skipton Golf Club Mixed Team Open £52
Yorkshire North 10/09/2016 Whitby Golf Club Mixed Pairs Open £25
Yorkshire West 10/09/2016 Halifax Golf Club Gents Individual Open £10
Yorkshire West 10/09/2016 Woodhall Hills Golf Club Gents Pairs Open £24

heronsghyll

Head Pro
Visit site
Honestly, I think you will struggle on a Saturday morning. The only thing I could think of would be to contact Hillside or Formby as sometimes the more prestigious clubs have fewer competitions. You will pay top dollar though. Or, as Stu says, maybe a resort course like Formby Hall (decent enough track) would be able to host you.

Hi junior,

We've now booked a visitor tee time at SAOL for Thursday 8th September. I've got a tee time of 3.36pm. We are just a 2xball so if you would like to join us - come on down. It would be fun to play with a local!

Cheers,

Dave

heronsghyll

Head Pro
Visit site
This is what's on Golf Empire right now for that day.

My geography isn't the best so apologies if some of these are nowhere near.

Cheshire 10/09/2016 Mellor & Townscliffe Golf Club Gents Pairs Open £30
Cheshire 10/09/2016 The Tytherington Golf Club Junior European Open £39
Lancashire 10/09/2016 Accrington & District Golf Club Gents Individual Open £10
Lancashire 10/09/2016 Darwen Golf Club Gents Team Open £30
Nottinghamshire 10/09/2016 Rufford Park Golf Club Team Open £100
Staffordshire 10/09/2016 Barlaston Golf Club Mixed Pairs Open £20
Yorkshire North 10/09/2016 Settle Golf Club Ladies Team Open £30
Yorkshire North 10/09/2016 Skipton Golf Club Mixed Team Open £52
Yorkshire North 10/09/2016 Whitby Golf Club Mixed Pairs Open £25
Yorkshire West 10/09/2016 Halifax Golf Club Gents Individual Open £10
Yorkshire West 10/09/2016 Woodhall Hills Golf Club Gents Pairs Open £24

Hey man, thanks for all your work and information.

I'm going to check out all you've listed and see from a geographical point what's possible.

As I said, we are all fixed up now except the Saturday. Again many thanks.

Dave

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
There's a competition at ours (Fairhaven) as well on the Saturday. Could host you the Friday afternoon if you're interested.