Longniddry - Scottish 'East Coast' meet - Sunday 23rd or 30th Oct

DelB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
*Original post edited to change proposed date from 9th October to either 23rd or 30th October*

Had a text conversation with thecraw this morning, following the Millport trip yesterday, and the suggestion of an 'East Coast' forum meet came up.

Have done a little research since and Longniddry (normally £70 for a weekend round) would do us a deal at £40 a head if we can get at least 20 bodies along.

I appreciate that the proposed Spey Valley trip will happen before this one, but I thought it would be nice to organise something as a bit of a season closer for the Scottish regulars!

Anyone fancy this??

Cheers guys.

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
Re: Longniddry GC - Scottish 'East Coast' meet - Sunday 9th October

That's the day after Scotland v England at Goswick, Del. Otherwise I would. It's a lovely course and that's a decent rate for it.

DelB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ah dammit - didn't think to check and see whether it clashed with any other dates of events on here. What if we changed it to either 23rd or 30th October?? :eek:

DelB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ok, so if we say the 30th, then we've potentially got:

1. DelB
2. Neill (mate of DelB's)
3. SimonS
4. Toad
5. Driven2Distraction
6. thecraw??
7. Mightymoose

DelB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just in case there was any confusion over the title of this thread, can I just clarify that everyone is invited to attend. It's an event on the east coast, not one that's specifically intended for east coast residents only!! Salt and vinegar afficianados are most welcome too!!

Cheers. :D

alnecosse

Assistant Pro
Visit site
New to forum but its less than an hour away from me i would love a game at one of the meets.
but having never attended one before be grateful if you keep me right as to how it all works.

DelB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
New to forum but its less than an hour away from me i would love a game at one of the meets.
but having never attended one before be grateful if you keep me right as to how it all works.

Welcome aboard!

Just gauging interest at this stage to see if we can get the required numbers to qualify for the discounted rate and we'll decide on format etc nearer the time. I can guarantee you, however, that there'll be some great banter, good golf, poor golf and the chance to play some great courses in the future with all the guys you'll meet on the day. :cool:

I attended my first forum meet not much more than a year ago and have been on a good number since, playing some cracking courses that I never dreamed I would get anywhere near. :D

DelB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Good man! :)

1. DelB
2. Neill (mate of DelB's)
3. SimonS
4. Toad
5. Driven2Distraction
6. thecraw??
7. Mightymoose
8. alnecosse

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'd be up for it. Only played there once but caddied there a few times last year and it's an oft overlooked course in the area. Very nice though.

30th Oct? I'll take my ski goggles.

:D

granters

Q-School Graduate
www.theirvinegolfclub.co.uk
Put me down for a provisional! I'll almost definitely make it but will have to confirm later as work is changing a lot at the moment.

Will definitely be there if i can, if only to annoy Mr Kilpatrick by playing off 10......