London Scottish GC/Wimbledon Common

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
This may (or may not) be interesting but found this whilst wandering around YouTube.

Erik Anders Lang plays London Scottish GC on Wimbledon Common.

I've never played it however as someone who walks the dog over the common regularly I found it quite interesting to learn more about the course and it's quirky set up with Wimbledon Common GC!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
James Hunt use to play there regularly and had two alsatian dogs he'd walk as he played. They were impeccably behaved and wouldn't twitch let alone move until he said so. When they were allowed to run and roam they looked like their birthday and Christmas had come together as they enjoyed all the smells and sounds of the golf course and the common

Canary Kid

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The Redhill & Reigate GC used to be on common land until it closed two or three years ago. Often more dog walkers than golfers apparently … played it once, but not my idea of a good round of golf.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
The Redhill & Reigate GC used to be on common land until it closed two or three years ago. Often more dog walkers than golfers apparently … played it once, but not my idea of a good round of golf.

I played it once and found the dog walkers far more irritating than I ever did at Wimbledon Common. We use to have dog walkers when Royal Ascot was inside the race course so I should have still been use to it