London Bridge - Terrorist Attack

• Thread starter Deleted member 16999
  • Start date

Pin-seeker

Visit site
The guy in question was disarmed by the public, held by the public, and then shot by the police.

If his vest was real, why would he not have set it off at the event he was there to participate in. The event where sadly, he stabbed people, but a bomb blast would have been more effective.

I am still not sure this was right.
Imagine if the bomb went off & the police said after “we just thought it was fake”
Sorry but your argument here is stupid at best.

D

Deleted member 15344

If you are committing inhuman acts do you deserve to be treated in an inhuman manner..?
In a way, we do have a form of Capital Punishment....
And it was delivered the other day
If you commit acts of atrocity and the Police, in their judgement, deem it necessary to neutralise the threat by taking your life then it amounts to the same as someone doing the same thing but is captured, tried, convicted and hanged/shot/lethal injection......that just takes longer.
I would have had no qualms about the Police taking out the killers of Lee Rigby or anyone, in similar circumstances, who has or is about to take a life.

The use of Lethal force in the UK and many other countries is tightly controlled to ensure that people are authorised to carry live arms are covered legally - hence why there are so many rules , used to be a time that when you discharged your weapon ( outside a conflict ) and soneone was hurt you were first charged by the police who then carried out the investigation to ensure you followed the relevant rules of engagement.

In the UK the use of firearms is there for protection of life - so you can use your firearm if you believe yours or others lives are in danger but you can’t shoot someone just because they are shot someone else ( unless they are still a threat to life ) - so in the case of the Lee Rigby killers - the minute they put the knife down the threat was over hence why they weren’t shot.

Looking at the videos and hearing the recounts the police officer in this case carried out the rules to the letter , you could see that as soon as the vest was visible the threat was their and he used minimum lethal force

D

Deleted member 16999

The use of Lethal force in the UK and many other countries is tightly controlled to ensure that people are authorised to carry live arms are covered legally - hence why there are so many rules , used to be a time that when you discharged your weapon ( outside a conflict ) and soneone was hurt you were first charged by the police who then carried out the investigation to ensure you followed the relevant rules of engagement.

In the UK the use of firearms is there for protection of life - so you can use your firearm if you believe yours or others lives are in danger but you can’t shoot someone just because they are shot someone else ( unless they are still a threat to life ) - so in the case of the Lee Rigby killers - the minute they put the knife down the threat was over hence why they weren’t shot.

Looking at the videos and hearing the recounts the police officer in this case carried out the rules to the letter , you could see that as soon as the vest was visible the threat was their and he used minimum lethal force
Not correct Phil, both ran at the Police, one with a gun, both were shot and wounded.

D

Deleted member 15344

Not correct Phil, both ran at the Police, one with a gun, both were shot and wounded.
You are right 👍 - surprised they survived

I would also add that I haven’t seen too many stories of people saying that the police acted in the wrong

Last edited by a moderator:

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
And the yanks wade in with their 'good guys with guns' logic..

To be fair this person is not a typical Yank in that him and is son are professional alt right agitators who retweet Katie Hopkins as if she speaks for the UK and frighteningly seem to have the ear of the president. I think there are many yanks who are rightly appalled by what he is saying. Indeed repeating the top rated response, which has got twice as many likes as the original tweet, would get me a lifetime ban from here. But I agree with it wholeheartedly.