London Bridge - Terrorist Attack

• Thread starter Deleted member 16999
  • Start date

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I am uncomfortable with shooting him. Just am.

We are now uncomfortable at the shooting of him, why? because we now know his suicide vest was fake? Having seen the devastation these vests caused in Manchetser killing innocent children at a pop concert. Let's just say Tashyboy will sleep sound tonight. Again big up respect to the public that got this murderer onto the ground.

D

Deleted member 16999

We are now uncomfortable at the shooting of him, why? because we now know his suicide vest was fake? Having seen the devastation these vests caused in Manchetser killing innocent children at a pop concert. Let's just say Tashyboy will sleep sound tonight. Again big up respect to the public that got this murderer onto the ground.
To be honest Tash, I do understand people feeling uncomfortable and have no issues with it, I’m just more thankful we have people willing to step up and take the shot.
None of us know the effect it may have on the Coppers involved and hopefully they will be looked after.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I am uncomfortable with shooting him. Just am.

As soon as a vest is visible within the struggle on the floor, then you neutralise the threat with kill shots, nobody knew the vest was false, had it not been, the blast with so many people around not to mention the bridge structure, could have caused mass loss of life.

No police officer or soldier ever wants to take a life, but when faced with a split second decision, then the training kicks in, no hesitation, if you hesitate then you risk all those you’re their to protect.

Well done to all the members of public who’s actions probably helped save more lives, especially the guy who gets the large knife and ushers others away as the vest becomes visible, but What does he throw away, it’s a fat large white bag 😳 🤔

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
I take it that you are unaware that Jesus Christ is revered as a prophet in the faith of Islam.

So if the terrorist proves to be a Muslim his motivation may be anti-Christian but not anti-Christ.

However, at this stage his background and motivation remain unknown.
Do Muslems celebrate the birth of Christ at Christmas?

D

Deleted member 15344

I have seen other videos of more shots being fired from a distance , are they still shooting at him ? If so why ? Or was there someone else

and can understand people feeling uncomfortable about the situation

gmc40

Head Pro
Visit site
Feel free to correct me, but I believe 3 people have died. 2 completely innocently.
Is there something wrong in showing some contempt toward the perpetrator ?

The comment he responded to wasn’t showing contempt toward the perpetrator.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
I really do not want to see any posts trying to score political points about this subject or to criticise the police.

Members of the public were attacked, the police saw a threat and neutralised it.

Thoughts are with the innocent injured parties and the emergency services who have to clear this mess up

D

Deleted member 18588

Do Muslems celebrate the birth of Christ at Christmas?

Unlikely I would have thought since Christmas as we understand it was a Christian adaptation of a pagan festival.

There is little historic basis to linking it to the date of Christ's birth.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
To be honest Tash, I do understand people feeling uncomfortable and have no issues with it, I’m just more thankful we have people willing to step up and take the shot.
None of us know the effect it may have on the Coppers involved and hopefully they will be looked after.

You know Paul, I was chuffed to bits re me daughter when she passed firearms for the South Yorkshire police. I have told her and others have that she has set a standard that other WPCs can and should reach. I mentioned in my first post I felt a bit odd when I saw the initial footage of the guy being shot. I think it's the reality sunk in that it could of been my daughter that could of been pulling that trigger. Always knew it could be, but seeing it, well it's another thing.
Don't think anyone should rejoice in the death of anyone, but if it means no more innocent folk are murdered and it's the only way, well it's the only way.

D

Deleted member 16999

You know Paul, I was chuffed to bits re me daughter when she passed firearms for the South Yorkshire police. I have told her and others have that she has set a standard that other WPCs can and should reach. I mentioned in my first post I felt a bit odd when I saw the initial footage of the guy being shot. I think it's the reality sunk in that it could of been my daughter that could of been pulling that trigger. Always knew it could be, but seeing it, well it's another thing.
Don't think anyone should rejoice in the death of anyone, but if it means no more innocent folk are murdered and it's the only way, well it's the only way.
You right to be proud of her Tash, there’s a saying along the lines of:

“People sleep peacefully in their beds at night because rough people stand ready to do violence on their behalf”

I think Fish summed it up perfectly and I hope for your daughters sake the only rounds she fires are down the range.

Wolf

Visit site
Horrendous incident that has sadly caused loss of life to innocent people and my thoughts are with their families along with those that were witness to the event that will be suffering the shock of what's happened.

The brave passers by have shown true courage in the darkest of moments and deserve recognition for their actions.

With regards the shooting, I can understand that for some it is uncomfortable and they're entitled to feel that way. However in these times the training of the officers involved to make the decision to to take a life will be subject to something akin to the JSA the military are subject to in that they must respond with reasonable force according to the threat to life, if he had just had the knife then shooting wouldn't likely be deemed a legal response but the moment the vest is seen the threat level changes and reasonable force becomes take a life to prevent further loss of life on the larger scale. The person pulling the trigger wouldn't even have had a split second to make the decision, it would have been that training that took over the threat is seen and the round is put down to neutralise the threat which is the correct decision both morally and legally. Well done to the officer involved l.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Another knife attack today in the Netherlands...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-50609528

It's one of those incidents that makes you realise how chance decisions can make things so different. It's a big late night shopping event in The Hague tonight for Black Friday. I'm on a job in the Netherlands and decided to skip dinner on the boat to go and do some Xmas shopping in the city. I was outside that store about 45 minutes before it happened but if I'd eaten on board before heading out would've been arriving at around that time. I've just thanked the chef for putting on a meal tonight that I didn't really fancy.