Lofted Irons

UpminsterGas11

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi,

I'm fairly new to the game and play off 26, one of my main problems appars to be a lack of height on my iron shots(7-PW), i seem to get decent distance but with no great loft. Are there any tips you can give me on how to get more loft with my irons?

Cheers.

Ralph

G_Mulligan

Tour Rookie
www.thegolfpsychologist.co.uk
Hello mate and welcome to this wonderfully frustrating game. I am sure the coaches and better players will be able to give you some great advice but the below book definitely worked for me. It is great for beginners to learn the basics and definitely dispels any myths on how the ball gets in the air.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/NAILIT-3skillsgolf-Revolution-Golf-Instruction

enjoy and good luck :)

UpminsterGas11

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hello mate and welcome to this wonderfully frustrating game. I am sure the coaches and better players will be able to give you some great advice but the below book definitely worked for me. It is great for beginners to learn the basics and definitely dispels any myths on how the ball gets in the air.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/NAILIT-3skillsgolf-Revolution-Golf-Instruction

enjoy and good luck :)

Cheers mate, i'll check it out. :)

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
What's your contact like? Are you describing a thinned shot?

I thin quite alot of shots, but even the ones i feel i hit perfectly do not get much elevation.

When hitting them thin do you get the ball first and then take a divot? Or is it just the ball and no ground contact??

If you are getting good distance but low traj, then I'm thinking you may be delofting the club.

Video will really help. :D

UpminsterGas11

Assistant Pro
Visit site
What's your contact like? Are you describing a thinned shot?

I thin quite alot of shots, but even the ones i feel i hit perfectly do not get much elevation.

When hitting them thin do you get the ball first and then take a divot? Or is it just the ball and no ground contact??

If you are getting good distance but low traj, then I'm thinking you may be delofting the club.

Video will really help. :D

I don't take much of a divot, if at all.

If i'm delofting the club, whta can i do to remedy this?

I'd love to post a video, but my betamax is playing up at the minute. :)