Lockers

Hogieefc

Club Champion
Visit site
Hi Folks,
just had my invoice through for next years subs and while there is only a 3% increase in subs now up to £975, lockers have gone up by 17.5% from £30 to £35.
At my previous club i only paid £20 so now i am thinking its a bit of a rip off, what are you paying at your club ???

Thanks Paul.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
You don't want to know. A lot more than that but in fairness I can get a cart bag, practice balls and all my tees, practice paraphenalia etc in it so I'm happy. Ideal for me in the summer as I can leave the clubs and dive straight off the train into a cab and out onto the course after work

Duckster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
£50 for me, however I don't have any spare space at home so my clubs and trolley would have to live in my car which just isn't viable.

Locker is big enough to hold both my stand bag and my cart bag and a set of shoes and we have a separate store for trolleys. Means I can just roll up with my battery and away I go.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Think my place is £25. i dont use on though.

I would question though, are there loads free or is there a waiting list? if they have loads empty, i cant see why they would increase the price!

HickoryShaft

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Hi Folks,
just had my invoice through for next years subs and while there is only a 3% increase in subs now up to £975, lockers have gone up by 17.5% from £30 to £35.
At my previous club i only paid £20 so now i am thinking its a bit of a rip off, what are you paying at your club ???

Thanks Paul.

Lockers at our place are a similar cost. I am happy with that as it stops be carying round all the bits I occasionally use & a few spare clubs and practice balls etc. Normally my carry bag sits in there in case it is called into action early in the season but carrying now so its not an issue.

john0

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ours have just went up from £35 to £40 - it appears the price of storage is on the rise.

Speaking of lockers I had a good idea last night when watching 'Storage wars' on TV - for those members who had lockers and have since passed away or left the club and didnt take all their gear with them, the clud should do an auction for their lockers - whoever bids the highest gets all the contents of the locker, you just don't get to open the locker until you have won. Seems a reasonable way for the club to make a few extra quid :D

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Never had the chance to find out, spare lockers at our place are like hen's teeth. Wish there were more available as I would happily leave my clubs etc up there and my trolley in the store room so as all I needed on a Saturday would be my battery. May stop my car boot looking like an explosion in a pro shop.

D

Deleted member 18588

£45 at our club. I made the mistake of letting mine go and have regretted it ever since, now back on the waiting list for one.

D

Deleted member 17920

Never had a locker at any club as I guarantee the time I leave my clubs in the locker, I will get a call saying do you want a game at ... then I am doomed as my clubs are not with me.

stevie_r

Tour Winner
Visit site
We don't have permanently allocated lockers, you can grab a key on a daily basis to secure valuables or clothing/ toiletries etc should you feel the need.

At my last club every member had a locker 'free of charge' as part of the membership package. I ended up with half my clubs in my locker and half in my boot most of the time; we had minimal practise facilities and therefore a trip to the range would have meant a detour out to the club to collect some bats otherwise.

My car boot is now my locker.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Mine is £25 ish. leaving the clubs in the locker means i can play when i like and the current Mrs 148 is none the wiser most of the time.

can be a pain if i get a call for a game elsewhere at short notice, but thats why i have spare set at home;)

john0

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
And then there is always the added benefit of you can buy as many new shinies as you want and just keep them in the locker so that the Mrs never gets to find out :D.

cookelad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ours are currently £25/year but if the rumours are true we'll be getting shiny new lockers when the subs come up in April which will be a whopping £50/year!