Loch Lomond area

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Moving my lad down to Garelochhead for a 6 month stay at the end of the month. Going to be up there for a night and looking for a reasonable course for me and Mrs Wedge to play before we drive back. The Carrick at Cameron House is right there, but I've heard mixed reviews about it. We could drop down to the Ayreshire coast, but maybe a tad expensive. Silloth is an option, but their fees have increased significantly since I last played. Wondering about The Carrick, or if there's anywhere else worth considering?

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I've played the Carrick a few times. Not the best course in the world but still enjoyable. Back 9 better than the first.
The scenery is lovely and nice birds on the ponds.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Anyone played Renfrew? Looks like a nice option on the way back. Any other recommendations welcome.
Renfrew is a nice course when it's dry, watch out for planes coming into land :D. The courses at Kilmacolm, Erskine, Buchanan Castle, plus the 2 Ranfurly courses aren't too bad and are all reasonably priced.

Red scorpion

Visit site
If you want a challenge may I suggest dalmuir:eek:.you got Helensburgh gc,Cardross just up from Garelochhead,Mar hall Clydebank and district,windyhiill,hilton Park,Milngavie ,Erskine,all about 30 - 45 mins away .same for Renfrew Nice when dry ,and scary when emirates comes in

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
I would invite yous to my course but sadly I'm unable to complete the full 18 atm.
But if you fancy just playing15 holes, I'd be happy to oblige .
Bellshill GC is only 10 mins of the M74 (y)

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I'm a member at Hilton Park, I'll happily sign you on if we can arrange a time

I'm at East Renfrewshire Golf Club, in the top 100 Scottish Golf Courses and No.1 in Renfrewshire.
We've been doing a lot of work over the last few years and the course is in great nick. If I'm around when you're up here, I'll be happy to take you for a round.
https://www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk/

I would invite yous to my course but sadly I'm unable to complete the full 18 atm.
But if you fancy just playing15 holes, I'd be happy to oblige .
Bellshill GC is only 10 mins of the M74 (y)

Have had some very kind hosting offers both here and via PM, many thanks to all. I'm currently just working out the schedule and checking locations, logistics etc. The plan is to move him in on 29th April, stay over and play on Saturday 30th before returning. I appreciate that this is a weekend, which may make hosting more difficult due to time/ comps/ availability etc. I'll know more on Monday when I can confirm that I'm up there on 29th (pretty sure I will be). Will then try and arrange something, thanks again for all the offers, it's very kind of you all.