Lightweight Summer trousers

Mjc1981

Visit site
I'm a 33 waist, but obviously most are 32 or 34. I've seen some reviews saying UA 32in stretch out a bit and are decent. Nike 34in are a bit snug with little give. (My local American Golf ? won't let me try any on in store due to covid restrictions). Anyone got an opinion/review of either?

Boomy

Visit site
The adidas trousers have stretch on the waist - Very comfortable and nice fit on the legs with a tapered bottom.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I've recently purchased a couple of pairs of Stromberg "Hampton" trousers, (American Golf had them for half price!), and I'm very happy with them. Nice fit.
A decent local seamstress would be able to take the waist in a little if you purchased the bigger size. Mine charged £8.00 to take the waist in on a pair of chino's I recently bought. You'd never notice they've been done and they now fit perfectly.

FourPutt

Head Pro
Visit site
UA ones are good. I am a 33” waist and wear the 32“ UA trousers. They have a bit of give. I also have relatively big thighs and they aren’t too tight there either.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
The UA ones that regularly appear on the likes of County Golf etc the Showdown Tapered are really nice and lightweight and are a decent fit for me (big bottom, big thighs). I'll echo whats been said above and say they do have a bit of give in them, I wear a 36 and I'm generally a 38.

They can generally be had for 30 quid or so as well.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Under-Armo...d=1625982247&sprefix=under+armour+golf&sr=8-3

Last edited:

FourPutt

Head Pro
Visit site
The UA ones that regularly appear on the likes of County Golf etc the Showdown Tapered are really nice and lightweight and are a decent fit for me (big bottom, big thighs). I'll echo whats been said above and say they do have a bit of give in them, I wear a 36 and I'm generally a 38.

They can generally be had for 30 quid or so as well.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Under-Armo...d=1625982247&sprefix=under+armour+golf&sr=8-3

Yep. Showdown Tapered are the ones. Same here re: fit. They’re really good. Also, if you’re playing early and the rough is dewy, they dry out REALLY quickly in my experience.