lie angle question

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Has anyone ever got the lie angle check for all their irons or is it just a case of one club then all adjusted to the same.

As much as we would like to think we put the same swing on all our shots I would imagine that this is not the case. For example, we might hit down more on the short irons and possibly pick a long iron off the top.

Would this have an effect on the lie?

It seems sensible to me that you would get the lie checked on every club, not just one.

Thoughts? :mmm:

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I've always had them done individually.

Only lazy/incompetent fitters just use the 1 club to get spec!

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
i thought it was common place for the lie measurement to be taken from just one club.

glad to hear you can do the whole set.

I have never come across a set on ebay that states different lie angles for different irons. its usually the whole set +2 upright for example.

power fade

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I would get them checked Gary. I got new irons and didn't like how they sat at address, anyway I got them checked and the were all 1.5 degrees upright against the spec? The pro said its very common for lofts and lies to be out, particularly with some of the better manufacturers.

If nothing else it will be something less to worry about. I know that some of the better players do have the lie stepped through the set, but maybe only a little from one end of he bag to the other. Probably kidding themselves on though.....lol