Lessons... Who to pick

connor

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I want to get lessons but unsure who to get them with or where to go.. The pro where I play seems an ok guy but at times I get the impression he judges alot of ppl... Only thing puts me off is our range is a case of get ya own balls and the range isn't lit and it's dark when I get home from work. I know they do golf schools where ppl stay in the hotel as well so must br fairly good. another range near by has the ball flight monitor etc abd floodlit and doing a deal 100 for 6lessons inc 1 playing lesson which is good deal but I dislike the course so don't want a playig lesson on it haha... I've searched the net but can't find reviews an don't know anyone to ask if there lesson was good and if I helped etc... I don't want to fork out money for something I won't enjoy or find usefull...

Last edited:

connor

Tour Rookie
Visit site
So what questions should I ask before I book one? I like the idea of one but it's in Plymouth a 40min drive away but I seem to be warming to that for some reason

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
The best way is word of mouth.
Listen to others who have had lessons.
If you cant do that, phone the pros and have a chat. You can often get an idea from a phone call whether you will get on or not.
Take a look at the club website and find out about the pro's record.
Also ask about the teaching facilities. Indoor/outdoor. Range or field, video or not

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I am having an assessment tomorrow.

I had 6 lessons 15 years ago.

I am going to have some lessons over the winter.

I have gone to my local range, and had a chat with their head coach. He seems a nice guy. By his own admission, he doesn't coach a particular style, he doesn't have set positions, he can't make my swing like mcilroys. His view is there a few fundamentals, after which you can do what you want. He will just tweak what you have to make it better.

Not sure what I am paying him for, but I will find out tomorrow.

Sounds better than some one who after 30 years of playing will make me start again. I'm too old for that.

I will feed back tomorrow.

connor

Tour Rookie
Visit site
2 have video 1 doesnt...

2 have a short game area/ bunker area as well as a driving range

1 has all 3 but s 40mins away in the car...
thats the trouble i dont think i know anyone who has had a lesson to speak to about it. Just been reading up about the pros one has bene going for donkeys of years another is in his late 30s but has a lot of recognition amongst the industry it appears...