Lessons when young

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Indeed Homer - and to pick up on a comment someone else has posted - his clubs are the £49 Dunlop 65 set from Hargreaves (of 10 yrs ago)

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site

So here's a slightly separate question prompted by this pic of my lad. What attitude or approach should/would golf clubs (your golf club) take if a lad dressed like this rolls up to play with his dad (dressed 'normally). And I'll add that the pic doesn't show the colourful sleeve tattoo on his right arm or the tattoos covering most of beneath the knee on both legs.

My lad is polite (to strangers and my friends) and really enjoys his golf - and could be a very good player if he was so inclined. But he is a 'todays' 21yr old. He doesn't do stuffy nor rules that he thinks are unnecessary and 'old school'. Not sure that Mearns Castle spotted his attire, but if they did they didn't pull him up - so well done to them. But I suspect most clubs will tell him to go away and not darken their doorstep until properly dressed. And in all likelihood they wouldn't see him again. And maybe even that one rejection would be enough for him to turn his back on golf. That's what the youth of today are like. They can be very unforgiving.

I note that I have always been a stickler for a traditional dress code but my experience of last week - I'm wavering.

Last edited:

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Looks alright to me.... could do with wearing a black polo (I'm sure that would be such a big deal for him that he'd whinge so much and probably never play golf again) but the trousers and shoes look alright.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
He might wear a black polo - but he would be cheesed off if told he couldn;t play in a tee. Anyone ever heard of situations where a club requires sleeve or all lower leg tattoos to be covered up?