leg like elvis

Morecambe hacker

Medal Winner
Visit site
hi all had a lesson yesterday and my pro was over the moon with my grip, stance and posture but one thing he pointed out was on my backswing my left leg was collapsing to much and extending my backswing to a full position but cos of this is wasnt creating enough torque and coil therefore causing me to hit fat and sometimes thin with a huge loss of power. with the flightscope i was hitting my 4hybrid around 175yds which he said was huge but he thinks with a little work i could hit maybe 200 with carry.
he gave me a drill to hold a football between my legs to help stop my left leg collapsing and dropping the ball but its kind of silly walking down the range with a football lol so can anybody point out any help on how to do this?
i tried to do it just with swing thoughts but i was thinking about too many things and topping the ball everytime also with my leg collapsing too much it was making my swing plane slightly deep but not flat and when i was clearing my hips i had to compensate for the collapse by adjusting my body and coming slightly down on the ball but he said by keeping both legs stable in my backswing it will create a much higher swingplane therefore when i clear my hips i would come from the inside creating a draw which is what im after.

any hints or drills would be very much appreciated

timchump

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
i'd drill it with out hitting a shot, stand in the back yard or something, just doing slow swings with the ball between your legs over and over again, then up the tempo abit, after you done that for half an hour or so pop down the range and see how i goes, perhaps with a camera to see if it has improved

from personal experience its amazing how good muscle memory is