Le Golf

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
There were countless better ways to protest.

Green keepers will cut that out, refill, chop a piece of turf from back edge of green to cover. If that area on your line - free move and place. Repairable area at back of green -GUR.
Tosser-damage and badger-damage gets done at ours from time to time. Greenkeepers know how to deal with it.

Huge inconvenience that's all. Won't stop people playing golf or continuing to water greens.

Criminal damage. Prosecutable.

Non prosecutable street protest during daylight hours might have garnered more support from non-golfers by drawing attention to the issue.

Tosser-damage attracts attention to Les Tosseurs - that's all.

(n)(n)(n)(n)(n)(n)

RRidges

Visit site
The irony being you need to use water to make cement!!
They may not have used any - simply just put cement in the existing hole and let the overnight watering done the setting. Though I doubt it, as only about 500mls of water would be needed per hole - which they could get from any water feature on the course.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
They may not have used any - simply just put cement in the existing hole and let the overnight watering done the setting. Though I doubt it, as only about 500mls of water would be needed per hole - which they could get from any water feature on the course.

Couldn't they have really vented their anger and just Oui Oui'd down ze hole?

RRidges

Visit site
Couldn't they have really vented their anger and just Oui Oui'd down ze hole?
Indeed! Though I believe you are mixing your Franglais with your Germlish. 'Ze' hole is for Germans; for French, it would be 'le' 'ole (actually, le trou).
Oh and for some reason, Fawlty Towers springs to mind...I wonder why!

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Indeed! Though I believe you are mixing your Franglais with your Germlish. 'Ze' hole is for Germans; for French, it would be 'le' 'ole (actually, le trou).
Oh and for some reason, Fawlty Towers springs to mind...I wonder why!
I was being the "French" policeman from 'allo 'allo You know, "ze vun zat vos just pissing past your vindow"

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
There were countless better ways to protest.

Green keepers will cut that out, refill, chop a piece of turf from back edge of green to cover. If that area on your line - free move and place. Repairable area at back of green -GUR.
Tosser-damage and badger-damage gets done at ours from time to time. Greenkeepers know how to deal with it.

Huge inconvenience that's all. Won't stop people playing golf or continuing to water greens.

Criminal damage. Prosecutable.

Non prosecutable street protest during daylight hours might have garnered more support from non-golfers by drawing attention to the issue.

Tosser-damage attracts attention to Les Tosseurs - that's all.

(n)(n)(n)(n)(n)(n)
I think it is an excellent way to protest really. It is minimal damage as you say. Its symbolic. And simple to do. Yet has made headlines around the world. Point made. Goal achieved.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Deliberate criminal damage in never excellent.

Puncturing your four tyres would take little time and effort to do and it would be minimal damage that is easily repairable.

Who would see that done to their car and think it was an excellent form of protest? Really?

If you have a point to make, you should argue your point well and not resort to criminal damage.