Late call for Northamptonshire County - 22nd March

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Cheers Steve, it's been on my to-play list for a while.

I've entered one of their opens later in the year so thought I'd take the chance to have a look.

94tegsi

Assistant Pro
Visit site
With The Berkshire meet being lost to the weather I was left with a day's holiday to use before end of March so am playing the above tomorrow, 22nd March at 9.30, anyone care to join me? £45 green fee.

http://countygolfclub.org/course/

Would have loved to as it is actually a course I am thinking of joining latter this year (currently member of their noisy neighbours). But have a meeting at work I cant get out of! Good luck.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Would have loved to as it is actually a course I am thinking of joining latter this year (currently member of their noisy neighbours). But have a meeting at work I cant get out of! Good luck.

Your popularity on the forum will jump if you become a member. ;)

D

Deleted member 15344

Northampton County is a lovely Course - some cracking holes and a few very tough ones

Would have joined you Nick but I’m playing Enville tomorrow

For anyone else who fancies Northampton they do a superb Men’s Pairs Open for £35 each in October ( day after H4H)

94tegsi

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Your popularity on the forum will jump if you become a member. ;)

Havent played there in about 10 years and it was always known as being a little unwelcoming at times. But, seeing some of the communications etc coming out of there lately it seems to be trying to remove that stigma, so will definitely by trying to get a couple of rounds in there this year to see if it is what I hope it is.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Clubs selected; the Slazenger Ambassadors, complete with period Slazenger bag!

Got these back in October and haven't had the opportunity to hit them yet what with the weather and all, forecast is decent for tomorrow so they're getting their first outing.

I've also picked up a Slazenger Ambassador putter since I got these and have dug out some matching red head covers for the woods, I'm going to be a proper Slazenger fanboy. :D

Slazenger Ambassador set.jpg

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Great course, but it found me out.

I started off by making the mistake of not visiting the practice putting green, these were the first quality greens I've putted in at least 4 months and it took me some time to get the speed, not helped by the fact that I'd not used the putter before.... Numerous three putts on the front nine and some dire short game skills saw me out in 50 for 10 points Stableford. :eek:

Much better on the back nine apart from the 13th where after one of my best drives I chunked three shots on the trot and ended up with a TB. Back in 42 for 16 points which I was happy with.

At least I've got an idea what to expect now for when I play the Seniors Open in June, can't wait.

The Slazengers were great, nipped back to my home course for another 18 and played some good golf, legs aching now though. I do like the putter, it's a brass head in a sort of Napa style.

94tegsi

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Great course, but it found me out.

I started off by making the mistake of not visiting the practice putting green, these were the first quality greens I've putted in at least 4 months and it took me some time to get the speed, not helped by the fact that I'd not used the putter before.... Numerous three putts on the front nine and some dire short game skills saw me out in 50 for 10 points
Much better on the back nine apart from the 13th where after one of my best drives I chunked three shots on the trot and ended up with a TB. Back in 42 for 16 points which I was happy with.

At least I've got an idea what to expect now for when I play the Seniors Open in June, can't wait.

The Slazengers were great, nipped back to my home course for another 18 and played some good golf, legs aching now though. I do like the putter, it's a brass head in a sort of Napa style.

Good to hear you enjoyed it. I think the last time I played they had only just put in the three extra holes past the rail tracks, which I loved at the time, would be good to see how they’ve grown into the course now.

How was the welcome and club house etc?

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Good to hear you enjoyed it. I think the last time I played they had only just put in the three extra holes past the rail tracks, which I loved at the time, would be good to see how they’ve grown into the course now.

How was the welcome and club house etc?

The welcome was good but I didn't stay to see the club house, although it looked good from the outside.
I dropped in with a couple of members for the last few holes and they were very friendly, suggesting I should join, which I'd love too if it was a little closer.

There were five holes the other side of the railway so I don't know which were new but and all were good, I had my only birdie on the par 3 12th, sticking it to 6 feet and finally holing a putt!

94tegsi

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Cheers. I’m definitely going to try and get a game or two there in April to see what it is like these days.

Martin