Last minute city breaks.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just outside bude, nice little cabin with a hot tub.

On a separate note cheers for the recommendations, will have to revisit these at some point as there seems some crackers.

Go visit the outdoor sea swimming pool! Its still just about warm enough.

JSims

Visit site
Most forumers just pick fights ?

Cheers for all the input, turns out the flight time are all toss (excluding disruption) and 4 days leave was going to result in only 2 days away.

Off to a cabin in Devon
Good choice. You likely won't contribute as much to global warming and money spent most likely stays in UK.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Good choice. You likely won't contribute as much to global warming and money spent most likely stays in UK.

Without turning this into a debate, me driving 7hours and burning two tanks of fuel will contribute more to GW than a plane that was already going and will still go without me.

JSims

Visit site
Without turning this into a debate, me driving 7hours and burning two tanks of fuel will contribute more to GW than a plane that was already going and will still go without me.
I'll revise my pov slightly, knowing the numbers, then - though the additional weight of 2 (?) folk and luggage could cause similar GW, let alone more/longer excursions.

paddyc

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Off to Lisbon for a few days next week. See there has been a few formers been there.
Any tips/ advice/ what to avoid/ must visit etc?
Cheers

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Off to Lisbon for a few days next week. See there has been a few formers been there.
Cheers
The famous cafe is Pasteis de Belem. Sit in, it goes back miles so don't worry if it looks busy. Ask for a selection.

Big on fish, sardines in particular so look out for restaurants offering those.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
The famous cafe is Pasteis de Belem. Sit in, it goes back miles so don't worry if it looks busy. Ask for a selection.

Big on fish, sardines in particular so look out for restaurants offering those.
This is a deffo, we loved it in there. Deffo ask for a selection.👍

One of the best ever meals we had was in Lisbon. It was a tapas. Would recommend one of them.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
One of life’s great pleasures is sitting outside early evening with a glass of red and eating Tapas 😀
We did Lisbon overnight, I drove up from the Algarve. Anyway we got to the hotel and didn’t know where to eat. They sent us to a Tapas restaurant. €20 each. 10 courses and unlimited sangria.Sweet lord we ate like gods. Had to leave a good tip.

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Cheers
Depends what you are into but we loved the Time Out Market in the evening - loads of choice from small independent restaurants - plus eating your own body weight in pastel de natas is necessary.

A visit to Sintra is good but touristy if you have time. We also walked up to the Lisbon Castle which has great views over the city