laptop help/error

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Laptop help please. Wife ran a scan last night and it said we had Trojans so she went to fix them, bloody thing won't work now and automatically goes into start up repair mode. Its runs that but says itcant repair, try to system restore but it won't restore andbrings up a couple of different reasons. One is catastrophic failure and also I/o device error. Any help or advice? Cant get into mycomputer to go into properties etc.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Try booting into safe mode (repeatedly press F8 on boot up) and try to do a roll back from there.
Sounds like a trojan has been unleashed when attempts made to "fix it" - what lots of them do is create a fake "alert" and give you a repair button or option and when you click it it opens up the door to let the trojan in.

If you can roll it back try to boot normally and then run a good AV solution to try remove them. Worst case would be a back-up and full system restore.

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Try booting into safe mode (repeatedly press F8 on boot up) and try to do a roll back from there.
Sounds like a trojan has been unleashed when attempts made to "fix it" - what lots of them do is create a fake "alert" and give you a repair button or option and when you click it it opens up the door to let the trojan in.

If you can roll it back try to boot normally and then run a good AV solution to try remove them. Worst case would be a back-up and full system restore.

Thanks, will give it a go. So annoying, its been running fine for ages now, no problems for a long time now.

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
:( no luck, f8 didnt do anything. Did say I did a successful restore this morning but then when I restarted it just ran through the repair again!