Ladies golf clubs

asterix554

Visit site
Hello,

My partner is relatively new to golf and I wish to purchase a begginer golf set for her birthday.
I am looking for a forgiving easy 9-11 piece set which is a good value set.
My Partner is 5.1 feet high and after researching I liked the golf girl fws2 set. Upon research I found they offered a petitie set ideal for heights of 5ft-5ft.5. I have searched high and low for this set online and it seems they have been discontinued. I cant even find a mnafacturers website. My question is, is there a similar golf set for begginers that is compatible for short ladies (5ft) for approx the same price???. If not does anyone have any input if the golf girl fws2 normal size set would be approriate for a female of the height of 5.1 feet??

Many thanks

Doh

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Most ladies clubs tend to be shorter and lighter than men's clubs as a general rule and I would have thought the normal size would have been ok. it's also not always the height of the person that the most important factor but the distance of their wrists to the ground. You really are better off speaking to a PGA Pro and explaining to him/her your dilemma, good advice before you buy can save on cost and make to game more enjoyable.

Good Luck

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
i suggest try before buy, and that the lady in question likes what she is getting.

I got my wife a starter set, she didn't like the color and has not been near them since... and that was 10 years ago.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
My missus (she's 5ft 2) uses Taylormade Rocketbladez with lady shafts which she absolutely loves. The Ping Serene range is also very popular, they're also ridiculously easy to hit.

matt71

Tour Rookie
Visit site
my other half has juts moved form ladies clubs with ladies shafts. but after a fitting has now gone to ladies club heads but with senior shafts.