KP vs Sunningdale

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Kevin Pietersen has withdrawn his application to join the exclusive Sunningdale Golf Club after members threatened a veto.

The former England cricketer lives close to the £92,500-a-year Berkshire course with wife Jess Taylor, the former singer in pop group Liberty X.

Pietersen is an accomplished golfer who plays off a two handicap, and friends of the 44-year-old recently asked if he could join Sunningdale. Telegraph Sport has learned his application was dismissed before Pietersen could be formally proposed, however, after four existing members indicated they could object in a formal ballot.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Kevin Pietersen has withdrawn his application to join the exclusive Sunningdale Golf Club after members threatened a veto.

The former England cricketer lives close to the £92,500-a-year Berkshire course with wife Jess Taylor, the former singer in pop group Liberty X.

Pietersen is an accomplished golfer who plays off a two handicap, and friends of the 44-year-old recently asked if he could join Sunningdale. Telegraph Sport has learned his application was dismissed before Pietersen could be formally proposed, however, after four existing members indicated they could object in a formal ballot.
I heard there were more than four prepared to oppose it according to the starter

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I always thought Sunningdale was considered to be in Surrey?

I would be amazed if the joining fee is £90k, let alone the membership fee.

KP, by many accounts, isn’t a particularly nice bloke, so hardly surprising…

This is the bit that made me chuckle. It isn't £92,500.

The joining fee can be punchy, as, I believe, it is 10x your yearly fee. Think the yearly, when over 30 is £6/7k

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I’m sure there are a lot of members with more unsavoury backgrounds than KP at the club. Most will be going on what they have read on social media without actually knowing the bloke - probably like a few on here
Very probably but I think the issue with clubs such as Sunningdale is it only takes one person to decide a person wouldn't be "the right fit" and gets a couple of his buddies on board and it doesn't matter who you are you're not getting in

Severof

Visit site
Not sure how true but I remember a story that Bruce Forsythe back in the day tried to join. He was rejected but there was a clause then if you had a property within a certain boundary of the course, you would be accepted. Apparently he bought such a property to circumnavigate their decision, so Sunningdale then changed that clause to keep him out.

sunshine

Visit site
Not sure how true but I remember a story that Bruce Forsythe back in the day tried to join. He was rejected but there was a clause then if you had a property within a certain boundary of the course, you would be accepted. Apparently he bought such a property to circumnavigate their decision, so Sunningdale then changed that clause to keep him out.
Sounds completely made up

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Wasn't he at Wentworth? I thought he had a house on the estate

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If a golf club would do that just to keep someone out it’s not somewhere I would want to join anyway, no matter how good the place is.