Koepka

• Thread starter Deleted member 3432
  • Start date

sunshine

Visit site
I enjoy them a lot. They don't post often but I look forward to their videos. I like Alex from Taskmaster, and John is funny in that classic every-golfer frustration type way. I don't really watch pros as much on YouTube, but mediocre and rubbish players having a laugh on the course is much more my wheelhouse. Reminds me of myself.

Fair enough - each to their own. I guess it's the equivalent of switching off a premier league match to watch a pub team.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Back to Brooks....
Comfortably missed the cut this week..must be rusty but far from the confidence boost he needs after a poor 2020..

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
It's a nice gig but a competitive market. Always another vlogger coming along and it must be hard to keep things fresh.
I sort of looked into it before - I used to work in social media, so I have at least some professional experience. I was made redundant, worked briefly in a golf shop, had some spare cash and thought, why not give it a go?

After checking out the competition online, I quickly came to the conclusion that to be successful you really have to play a 'character'. There are a couple of exceptions, but the vast majority of these blokes doing well seem to basically act like clowns, and are clickbaity to the extreme. That just isn't me at all, so I stopped before I began.

Good luck to anyone doing well, but 'Hello golfmates!' No thank you.

evemccc

Visit site
I sort of looked into it before - I used to work in social media, so I have at least some professional experience. I was made redundant, worked briefly in a golf shop, had some spare cash and thought, why not give it a go?

After checking out the competition online, I quickly came to the conclusion that to be successful you really have to play a 'character'. There are a couple of exceptions, but the vast majority of these blokes doing well seem to basically act like clowns, and are clickbaity to the extreme. That just isn't me at all, so I stopped before I began.

The most frustrating thing is that even those who’s content are the least ‘click-baity’ -in reality eg Chris Ryan - who purely does serious golf tuition in his channel - have to pit in ridiculous click bait titles and graphics to attract views..

Their normal non click-bait titles / graphics don’t do nearly as well. The general public love ‘hype’ it seems..

Watching someone play a round only using a 7 iron seems to be more popular than someone else doing a video on how to hit a wood off the fairway, or on course management...

Each to their own I guess..?

sunshine

Visit site

Or if you're a pretty girl you can post absolute tedious dross but still get lots of clicks as long as you wear a short skirt

D

Deleted member 1147

I read one suggestion that he'll be coming to Pete Cowan for full swing, as well s short game