Koepka

• Thread starter Deleted member 3432
  • Start date

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
I respect Koepka for being a FA.

Someone of his stature and success in the modern game, would surely be able to pick and choose the very best paying endorsements and sponsors behind only Tiger / Rory

I personally think it shows a bit of integrity to be a FA

Club contracts ain't what they use to be. I think the manufacturers have realised that player endorsements don't move the needle that much. Koepka used to use Mizuno irons and if he was paid to do so, it wasn't much.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Club contracts ain't what they use to be. I think the manufacturers have realised that player endorsements don't move the needle that much. Koepka used to use Mizuno irons and if he was paid to do so, it wasn't much.

The opinion of a YouTube vlogger probably carries more influence these days. :eek: ;)

Can't believe the products these vloggers seem to get thrown at them.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
The opinion of a YouTube vlogger probably carries more influence these days. :eek:;)

Cobra seem to have gone down that route. I've noticed that Tubes & Ange and Bad Golf both have Cobra clubs and bags they've been given for free, plus the Puma clothes. And I can only think of two pros they have contracted which is Rickie and Bryson.

Speaking of the opinions of YouTube vloggers and linking to the OP, I saw recently that Golf Sidekick Matt said Srixon are making the best irons around at the moment. Dunno how many he hit to come to that conclusion though. And he wasn't given them or paid to say that.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The opinion of a YouTube vlogger probably carries more influence these days. :eek:;)

Cheaper than paying players and the reach of these guys is significant. It's incredibly cheap, targeted advertising at it's best.

It's a nice gig but a competitive market. Always another vlogger coming along and it must be hard to keep things fresh.

D

Deleted member 18588

Should I be looking to sell my irons on, or am I safe to keep them if I haven't the foggiest who or what 'tubes' is?
Thank God it's not just me.

I am not greatly swayed by pro endorsement of clubs etc; but even less so by some unknown hacker on t'interweb.

evemccc

Visit site
Should I be looking to sell my irons on, or am I safe to keep them if I haven't the foggiest who or what 'tubes' is?

I didn’t / don’t really know him, but during the first lockdown when I first started watching golf YouTube and Masters re-runs, his channel came onto my feed. Saw about 5 mins of his ‘bantz’ and not seen any more

Really, really not my scene at all...but each to their own. It takes all sorts to make a world

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Definitely some value to the thought it is the big time vloggers that are moving the needle (imo) than the influence of the top pros using a certain product. I know who Tubes and Golf Sidekick are but there value towards me buying a product is zero

sunshine

Visit site
I think the manufacturers have realised that player endorsements don't move the needle that much

Not sure about that.

I'm sure Callaway are banking on Rahm delivering the goods for them. And TM have a very expensive stable of super stars.

sunshine

Visit site
Cobra seem to have gone down that route. I've noticed that Tubes & Ange and Bad Golf both have Cobra clubs and bags they've been given for free, plus the Puma clothes.

Considering the Bad Golf chaps are professional comedians, I find their videos staggeringly bad. Absence of humour, just tedious. I tried sitting through the episode at Wycombe Heights, but it was unwatchable. I tried to keep going because it's a course I used to play sometimes, but lost the will to live.

I'm obviously in a minority, because they seem to have lots of followers, free gear and free trips.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Considering the Bad Golf chaps are professional comedians, I find their videos staggeringly bad. Absence of humour, just tedious. I tried sitting through the episode at Wycombe Heights, but it was unwatchable. I tried to keep going because it's a course I used to play sometimes, but lost the will to live.

I'm obviously in a minority, because they seem to have lots of followers, free gear and free trips.
I enjoy them a lot. They don't post often but I look forward to their videos. I like Alex from Taskmaster, and John is funny in that classic every-golfer frustration type way. I don't really watch pros as much on YouTube, but mediocre and rubbish players having a laugh on the course is much more my wheelhouse. Reminds me of myself.