Koepka

• Thread starter Deleted member 3432
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3432

Looks like Brooks has been spotted with set of Srixon ZX7 irons and utility iron in his bag on the practice ground at the American Express PGA event.

Great endorsment of the quality of Srixon irons if a free agent sticks them in his bag.

D

Deleted member 15344

I would expect a few FAs put the new Wilson staff irons in their bag, they look great, as do the new balls.
I expect many of them won’t - they are quite a small niche company for Pros now wigh 4 maybe 5 tour players and certainly not the ball

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Plenty of guys are officially with certain companies but don't play a full bag of that brand, certainly anyone with Wilson won't be using their woods or balls.

I think Ping contracts used to insist on 13 out of 14 including the putter, don't know if it is still the case, but they were the most stringent.

evemccc

Visit site
Plenty of guys are officially with certain companies but don't play a full bag of that brand, certainly anyone with Wilson won't be using their woods or balls.

I am not 100% on this but I believe Faldo won the Masters for the first time with Mizuno clubs, but a Wilson bag (obvs as he was with Wilson).

Golfnut1957

Visit site
There's a thread elsewhere. He was seen at a course with a whole bunch of Srixon reps pandering to his every needs. It would appear that this is where the whole "becoming a staffer" arrived from.

I suppose Srixon would be more than happy to accommodate him without paying him if all he wanted was a change. But he appeared to be happy with his Mizuno irons, so any change is presumably accompanied by a large cheque.

sunshine

Visit site
I think Ping contracts used to insist on 13 out of 14 including the putter, don't know if it is still the case, but they were the most stringent.

Interesting. That's probably indicative of the lower level players they were contracting with.

If Rory or Tiger wanted to use Ping there is no way Ping would insist they use 13 clubs.

sunshine

Visit site
Or indicative of a company with a bit more integrity or faith in its product? You could view it either way.

Or just a smaller marketing budget?

Ping don't target big names. Any top player wearing a Ping logo was playing Ping long before they broke into the top 50.

Titleist is the same, they target up and coming players on the Korn Ferry Tour or European Challenge Tour. They want to be seen as the players' club.