K- Dramas

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've seen some excellent Korean series this past year mostly on Netflix. If you haven't discovered them yet they are definitely worth a watch. Surprisingly good acting and polished production.

I tend to watch them in their native language with English subtitles and here are a some of the best ones that I've seen so far.

In no particular order_

Stranger
Signal
Kingdom
Itaewon Class
Sweet Home
Hellbound
Squid Games
The Guest (currently watching).

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I can't watch anything with subtitles, I find it detracts from the visual happenings. I can tolerate dubbing, if its looks like the timings are right.
I haven't ventured onto anything Korean not for any reasons other than those above.

Last edited:

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I can't watch anything with subtitles, I find it detracts from the visual happenings. I can tolerate dubbing, if its looks like the timings are right.
I haven't ventured onto anything Korean not for any reasons than those above.

Totally with you on that - cannot abide subtitles at all.

That said, and I know I’m veering slightly off topic here, but White Lines on Netflix is well worth a watch, despite some sub-titling of Spanish dialogue.

Visit site
Stranger is abs. fantastic - both seasons - Strongly recommend
Poss. my favorite foreign series - and that includes 'Le bureau des légendes'
If you're after a great Korea flick - try The man from nowhere' - v slow start before becoming full John Wick - but made before

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
I put Stranger down first subconsciously but it would have probably been my No. 1 if I had to put them in order. Superb series