Just when you think the BBC have hit rock bottom, they do this ....

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
Talking of tennis. Forget it, this country can't produce a decent tennis player.
The last tennis player to win anything of substance was..........................Virginia Wade, who won Wimbledon in 1977!!!
Henman, overated.
Murray, miserable gobshite who doesn't particularly like the English.
Rudedski......nuff said!

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
It's just so desperate; the BBC is in the enviable position of getting money off every legal viewer in the country. Their job is to then spend it on public SERVICE broadcasting. This means i.m.o that the figures need to add up re; providing value for money. The F1 is a complete waste of money (as an independent company will always pick it up) and this whole debacle about wages is just crazy. Jonathan Ross £18 million over 3 years.....hardly money well spent. If Mr Ross is worth £6 million p.a. at market value, let him go elsewhere and get it. Would the loss of him make any difference to the viewing public..... I think not. They (the BBC bosses) are just making a complete hash of it......nothing they do can surprise me.....there simply isn't any loyalty or decency left in most walks of life these days. Sad, but I fear true.

SS2

Tour Rookie
scoresaver.co.uk
Re: Just when you think the BBC have hit rock bottom, they do this ...

Dougie Donnelly has always been a decent presenter and it's a shame if he is let go, especially in the voicemail manner as has been suggested.

Lineker is a dreadful presenter and should be banned from everywhere. Immediately.

The fact that the Beeb paid top dollar to get the F1 back: I think that's a great thing. The ITV coverage is awful. James Allan is awful, although Brundle is not bad. And as for Lewis Hamilton on Sunday: could he not at least be a man and just say "I made a mistake".