Just played 3 days in a row in this heat

bradleywedge

Visit site
3 different courses too, Friday, Saturday and today. Needless to say I was cra@p today.

Is this expected after 3 days on trot? I can see how these tour players earn their crust keeping concentration levels at a high over 4 rounds of golf.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
3 different courses too, Friday, Saturday and today. Needless to say I was cra@p today.

Is this expected after 3 days on trot? I can see how these tour players earn their crust keeping concentration levels at a high over 4 rounds of golf.
In this heat - yep....
Some don't feel the heat as much as others.
P.ayed last year in some vicious temperatures and it gets to be a slog very quickly..

bradleywedge

Visit site
In this heat - yep....
Some don't feel the heat as much as others.
P.ayed last year in some vicious temperatures and it gets to be a slog very quickly..

Suppose we shouldnt complain, when we get the customary 5/6 months off due to lousy weather. First 2 days were ok bit of wind, but no wind today killed it, very hot and clammy.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
I ended up playing with my rain gloves on today such was the clumsiness if my hands.

I've played Friday and today and agree that today was much worse without the wind. I was spent after 9 holes today but soldiered on and managed 20pts on the back 9 holes.

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
Did the same, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Worked Saturday night, had 2hrs sleep before playing today.
Last 9 holes today was a real struggle.
Had my hair cut Thursday too (bald fade) and my head is sun burnt now too.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
36 yesterday. 18 today.

18 tomorrow and then 36 on Tuesday. Going to be painful…especially as the golf is shocking!

TogoPresley

Visit site
I did a longest day challenge a couple of years back for a charity who helped my late friend. I played 4 rounds in the day, carrying around a 7000+ yard course. I surprisingly played better golf as the day went on. Whether I got more conservative as the tiredness kicked in, I don't know but probably amongst the best rounds I played on that course. Mind you I couldn't walk the next day 11 blisters and lost two toe-nails :)

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
9 Friday, 27 Saturday, 18 Sunday and another 9 tonight.

Playing great golf in these conditions! Cant get enough!

NoLayingUp

Visit site
Same here, I played Abbeydale in Sheffield on the Saturday (carrying I might add, no buggies or trolleys) and it’s extremely hilly in parts. Absolutely sweating buckets but worth every bead.

About the pros, I must add that after a certain period of acclimatisation, it simply becomes the norm. So what seems hard now wouldn’t be if was over a sustained period of time.

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
in 2018 @Lincoln Quaker and I played 7 rounds in 4 days in Surrey on some magnificent courses in the heatwave we had then. Our golf got worse over time. The last round on the Berkshire Blue was purgatory. You really get a feel for how much you put your body through after a few rounds.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
They published the results of our Seniors Monday medal last night

55 players
nett scores
2 players under par
Next best 2 over
20 players NR

I think the heat may have had a lot to do with it. The course was in excellent condition .

craigstardis1976

Head Pro
Visit site
Guys its seldom under 40c here in Arizona and can get as high as 46 in the summer time! Lots of water, electrolytes, stay in the shade as much as you can and go and enjoy the day!

craigstardis1976

Head Pro
Visit site
What is it like playing there when it is -2 C :LOL:

Never got as low as minus 2c in the 6 years I have been here but do have mornings in winter when it is 3-4c. For whatever reason desert nights always seem a lot colder than they are and the dew, not quite frost, is pretty frigid!! Would much rather playin the heat than that!