Jumbo putter grip

Andre Linoge

Medal Winner
Visit site
Had a wee day up at St Andrews today and had a wee go on the putting green(Himalayas) It was an old bullseye type putter and found out that I really like the bigger sized putter grip, it was the first time I had used one and so now I have to get a jumbo grip on my putter.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
My putting has improved no end since I started using a Jumbo Supersized grip, takes the wrists out of the action

Now just got to work on all the other parts of my game.

Simply if it works for you, then go for it, but they wont be every bodies cup of tea

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Try different sizes too.
The 5.0 Fatso that Fragger has simply feels like a cricket bat handle - way too big for me.
I have the mid slim 2.0 on my 2 ball which feels right for me.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I bought almost a complete new bag last year except putter (and 5 wood) anyways went to get a superstroke grip fitted

Obviously tried the new putters .. one I loved and was holing everything with compared to the others

He checked the swing weight compared to mine and when I had the same grip fitted (mid size 2) to my excisting putter my swing weight went to within I think it was 2 points of it rather than the 6 difference it was before

I've putted much better this season without lessons in putting just same as normal but I've holed a lot more .. grip has improved my putting I believe as it keeps my hand steady

Couldn't jusify buying the putter at £170 but the £30 grip to fit on my current putter was perfect for me

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
My putter has a Superstroke grip, I'm not sure what actual number thickness it is though. It's somewhere in the middle. I think it's Flatso 2.0 but don't quote me on that.

Thicker grips seem to be more the norm than not these days. If anything seeing someone using a thin grip is more remarkable.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I prefer midsize to jumbo or superstroke. I found the larger grips made it difficult to control distance on longer putts but were very good on under, say, 12 ft.

Anybody want a Superstroke 3 I have a couple of brand new ones surplus to my wants £8 plus £3 for postage.

hines57

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
love the Wynn over size grip on my putter. Much better feel in the hands than the SuperStroke. Putting has improved big time since making the move.