Jorge Campillo - no shout of ‘Fore’

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
Yes that sounds right but if he dosnt shout fore isn’t he partly negligent.

If the courts decide that a professional golfer doesn't owe a duty of care to a spectator then the won't be negligent at all if he hits someone with a shout of fore or not.

This is just an opinion and if it went to court a judge may think something else entirely, and would place a duty of care on the golfer in which case not shouting fore wouldn't look good for him

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Dog leg where you can’t see the tee it’s no good putting your arm up the crowd won’t see you.
Golfers are taught from day one if you might endanger someone shout fore.
That should go for everyone.

How many times have you lost the flight of your own ball never mind a pros.
I struggle to see the ball unless I am right behind the shot.
That’s why I don’t go to pro tournaments any more.

Ref the dogleg hole it is true that putting up the arm is useless, but the argument about a dogleg hole is puzzling?
On such Courses being played by amateurs in ordinary games there are no spectators etc, so why shout fore if you hit a ball(correctly) across a dogleg because you are long enough?. That possibility will have been foreseen by the club and rules when to so hit a tee shot will be on the card or signs giving instructions as to when to safely do so etc. Or it will be prohibited, etc.
If you are talking about a stray shot then the shout of fore is relevant on all holes ( as you rightly advocate, and to which I agree)

Actually, I cannot think of any Pro tournament course where such doglegs exist, as it wouldn't be very responsible of organisers to have spectators around?
But as to the arm raising, I was clearly talking about professional tournaments where there are spectators , and marshalls etc ,as seen on tv and as was the case where Koepka's shot struck someone.
In those scenarios, shots of 300 yds require warning better than a shout of fore could give ( unless you are Brian Blessed😀) .
We really agree- shouts of fore for stray shots should be made in all ordinary golf club scenarios- but as described above, pro tournaments, need other more effective warnings on some long shots.
And as I have said previously I think, if people are voluntarily present ( to spectate) then they should accept the risk and not sue if hit.
As for going to pro tournaments, I agree. When I have been I would stand at the tee to watch the hit( to see how it's done properly!). I wouldn't be anywhere near where it might land.😀
Anyway, IMO, I think I get a lot more enjoyment from TV coverage than by being there- as in most sports.