John Letters Swingmaster Millennium PW & SW

Padwisegamgee

Visit site
Hey guys!

I have over the past few months got back into golf after a number of years away, and I am loving it. Brought a second hand set of John Letters Swingmaster Millenniums; Driver,3W,5W,3i-SW. They are old I know, but they are in great condition and will serve me nicely until I feel like I have got to good enough standard to justify investing in something a bit newer.

I haven’t been able to find any information about them online at all regarding loft angles for the SW and PW. I find that on good full swing they end up going pretty much the same distance, however this may just be down to me. (Any tips on what I may be doing wrong/don’t understand fully is much appreciated also).

I know it’s unlikely that people may have this information, as they are old, but thought I may ask, as I understand the manufacturer is no longer around.

Thanks in advance!

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Well done on getting back into golf and on not getting sucked in to buying new gear straight away.

Your clubs aren't that old, the clue is in the name, I'd guess they were produced mid to late 1990s, I assume that they're metal woods?

PW should be around 46 to 48 degrees and SW around 56 degrees so you should be seeing roughly 20 yards difference.
The table below might help in judging your other club lofts.

I'd encourage you to embrace the older technology, there's a lot of enjoyment to be had from it.
I play only old clubs and have a few John Letters in the line up:
Coney Ridge, 1930s
Fred Daly, late 1940s
Gary Player, 1965

1596836274437.png
1596836527572.png
1596836586924.png
1596836611575.png