John Bercow.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
For those over 45 he reminds me of the former umpire Dickie Bird. He should really be in the background but he got a taste of fame and liked it a little too much. Instead of letting everything flow he got involved, often when he did not need to be involved. He wanted to be part of the show when that is not his role.

Betty Boothroyd was similar, she milked the role constantly. Hopefully the next one will be happy to take more of a backseat role.

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Don't forget he might be staying until the GE is declared and you can bet that, with nothing to lose, he be up to a whole new set of tricks

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Given the fact that our parliament seems to be more and more like trying to run a kiddies school these days you need a firm hand to try and keep them in control.
I don't have an issue with Bercow. He has his faults but given the way some of our MP's behave, you have to be strong to try and exert some form of control.
The fact that BJ doesn't like him is a bonus to me. ;)

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Whatever you think of Bercow's, politics, intentions, impartiality (or otherwise) I have to say that he is pure entertainment to watch and listen to. Whether that's just him hamming up the role or not i don't know but it often made watching sessions of parliament a bit more palatable.

Hope to see him on HIGNFY and other similar shows in the future.

D

Deleted member 18588

Given the fact that our parliament seems to be more and more like trying to run a kiddies school these days you need a firm hand to try and keep them in control.
I don't have an issue with Bercow. He has his faults but given the way some of our MP's behave, you have to be strong to try and exert some form of control.
The fact that BJ doesn't like him is a bonus to me. ;)

In many ways I admire his actions in protecting the interests of backbenchers.

However, his motivation for this is perhaps questionable due to his discontent at not achieving high office whilst an active Tory MP. At times the chip on his shoulder was a little too visible.