JCB Golf & Country Club

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Just come across this as it's just been fully mapped by Steve at SkyCaddie.

I've not heard anything about it, there's very limited information and photo's on their website, and it's in Staffordshire.

At face value it has a Centurion GC feel about it, but I could be way off, so, anyone know anything more about this new course?

Is it open and being played on?

Some are saying on social media it's a corporate membership only?

If that's a real photo of the island green, then :eek:

https://www.jcbgolfandcountryclub.com/

Last edited:

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
I live near here. I can only I go by the word of those that work at the JCB plant but I was told that it’s to be a very exclusive club. Pals of Bamford, execs, the top 1%, Workers at JCB.
Also planning to have tournaments there. What tournaments I don’t know.

I don’t believe it’s open yet or completed.

Last edited:

Fish

Banned
Visit site
The website has a link for membership enquires

Yes with 'business details', so it would seem they are only looking for corporate memberships or high end white collars.

It's all coming across a little 'exclusive'.

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Invite only so I hear for corporate clients etc. Won't be open the public. Heard mixed reports about whether or not employees can use it

YandaB

Visit site
Thanks for this, and welcome :thup:

As it's your 1st post, were you drawn to the topic because you work for or are associated to JCB in some way?

Thank you. No connection, just that the Island Green caught my eye, I don't think we have many on this side of the pond do we?

D

Deleted member 15344

It seems like it’s everything that’s wrong with golf

Expensive no doubt , very exclusive to the point of being closed to the great unwashed

Rich boys playground - something to show off to his rich mates , nothing but a status symbol

It was supposed to have a spa and a five star hotel with it which is a bit confusing because you would have thought it would be for stay and play guests ?

Fish

Banned
Visit site
It was supposed to have a spa and a five star hotel with it which is a bit confusing because you would have thought it would be for stay and play guests ?

It will be, for all his foreign investors and customers from across the world.

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site

Expensive no doubt , very exclusive to the point of being closed to the great unwashed

Rich boys playground - something to show off to his rich mates , nothing but a status symbol

Get what you're saying but playing devil's advocate why can't a guy build a course with his own money on his own land to use as he wishes?

I bet his house has a lovely swimming pool but I wouldn't expect to be allowed in for a dip... unless invited

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Get what you're saying but playing devil's advocate why can't a guy build a course with his own money on his own land to use as he wishes?

I bet his house has a lovely swimming pool but I wouldn't expect to be allowed in for a dip... unless invited

My only answer to that would be, that's fine, but then don't ask to play tournaments their, I wouldn't be interested to watch a tournament at a course I couldn't play at and then experience for myself.

D

Deleted member 1147

I'd say that the ultra exclusive clubs (Queenwood, Wentworth etc) are a problem in golf, but this isn't a club. It's basically just his back garden.
It's a bit like complaining that Gareth Bale hasn't opened up the holes in his back garden to the general unwashed, or David Beckham not letting the local kids play 5 a side on his pitch, whenever they want.

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
My only answer to that would be, that's fine, but then don't ask to play tournaments their, I wouldn't be interested to watch a tournament at a course I couldn't play at and then experience for myself.

Don't disagree but we may be getting ahead of ourselves, haven't heard anything about planning to host bit tournaments there - but then again the whole thing seems a bit hush hush

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site

So you'll not be entering the masters lottery then...