I've just discovered I have a trumpet!

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hi guys.
I've just got back from a week in Spain and felt that I just had to do this!
Four of us went to the Barcello Montecastillo course near Jerez.
The weather was hot, very hot. Anything from 32ºC to 38ºC with the occasional really strong breeze.
We had two practice days followed by four competition days.
The three prizes were up for grabs were the 72 hole stableford, best on the par 3's over the 72 holes and best eclectic over all six days.
It was going to be tough because we walk, besides, all the buggies had been pre-booked!
There are several water stations where we filled our bottles up and I reckon I drunk at least six litres per round, and still didn't need to use the loo during the typically 4½ to 5 hour rounds.
Long story short ................................... I won the lot!
122pts in the stableford playing off 18, 29pts on the par 3's (not great, but they are tough) and an eclectic of 71 which was 1 bogey, 15 pars and two birdies!
It's a tough course at the best of times, in that weather it was a beast!
I'm sorry about blowing my own trumpet, but, it wasn't until this week that I actually realised that I had a trumpet!

Slime.

P.S. A couple of quick thanks to be handed out here.
Thanks to JustOne who gave me some invaluable pointers a few months ago.
Thanks to GM & Cobra for fitting me with a Bio Cell driver. When it was good it was superb, (I measured one downwind at 320yards) and when it was bad it still looked good!

londonlewis

Tour Rookie
www.golfdrawer.com
I've played that course three times but I was fortunate enough to have a buggy each time. The buggies also have DMD's on them which tells you your distance to the hole but also your distance to the buggy in front, so you always know if you are safe to play.

Great course and great fun. Excellent finish on the 18th!

... and congratulations on the great golf played.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
What did you win?!?!?

upIwYEi.jpg

Left to right.
1. Main 72 hole stableford trophy ........................ 122 points off 18.
2. Eclectic trophy ............................................... score of 71.
3. Par three trophy ............................................. 29 points.

Slime.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17920

well done :thup:

Did you book through your golf travel as they seem to promote that place, what was it like apart from been too hot.