I've got the shaft!

thelank1985

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Could having the wrong type of shaft cause all shots to go off to the left?

A Friend of mine is looking to but my old clubs but in the 2 practice rounds he has played the ball seems to go straight left. He is hitting it well and clean.

He is fine with his old set which were regular and these are stiff, could that be the cause?

Gareth

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
If your friend is used to regular flex, I'd of thought if his wing speed wasn't brisk enough for stiff shafts he would lose more shots to the right.

I was under the impression losing a ball left was the result of playing a shaft that isn't stiff enough! (Either that or your friend hit's alot of pulls).

Fish

Banned
Visit site
If your friend is used to regular flex, I'd of thought if his wing speed wasn't brisk enough for stiff shafts he would lose more shots to the right.

I was under the impression losing a ball left was the result of playing a shaft that isn't stiff enough! (Either that or your friend hit's alot of pulls).

I was always fading/slicing my tee shots but I have addressed my set-up and swing but that fade/slice has now become a draw and quite excessive at times!

When playing with 2 very good single handicappers yesterday they stated that my swing didn't suit my stiff shafts anymore as my swing has been slowed down and isn't as full in the back swing.

I tried one of their regular shafted graphite 3 woods (i15) and hit a great shot with a slight draw around 220yds.

So is there a formula for matching the right shafts to your swing or club head speed?

I'm obviously disappointed as I had my current set fitted by my club pro only at Christmas and now with the changes made to my swing and set-up it seems there no longer a correct match :mmm:

kev_off_the_tee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
For a right hander, wouldn't the club face be open if the shafts were too soft for your swing speed?

To me, if the shots were being pulled but flying of the club face straight that would tell me the club face was closed, possibly with an out to in swing in For good measure