I've Got My Distance Back

WWG

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
When I started playing golf eight months ago, I bought a second hand set of Dunlop clubs to get me started. My best friend in the bag was the 5 wood. I was reasonably consistent with it off of the fairway, and for me, I hit it a long way. I then decided to sell the set and replace everything with better stock. To replace the Dunlop 5 wood I bought a Callaway FTi 5 wood. I had read that they were particularly forgiving and easy to use fairway woods. I couldn't hit a flaming thing with it. I ended up selling it for the same price I paid. I then bought an 18* hybrid hoping this would give me similar distance but be easier to use. Nope, couldn't use that either. It appeared that I was no longer able to use anything under 20* off of the fairway. From that point onward I stuck with my 21* hybrid, which I was quite consistent with, but didn't give me the distance I needed. Now, I volunteer at a donkey sanctuary one day week, and whilst looking through their bricabrac I saw and old dusty Dunlop 65 5 wood. For the grand price of £2 I decided to buy it. Guess what, it''s like my old friend, and I can strike the ball straight and far (well for me). It just goes to show, don't worry about the label on the club, use what works !!

P.S it doesn't even need a new grip thank God

WWG

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Didn't you make that exact post somewhere else on here?

You really are a spoil sport. I had put in the "what did you buy today" thread that I bought one, but that didn't include the results of using it. Now, go away