iTunes and iPod

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
I was given a couple of CDs for Christmas and have been trying to download them to my iPod, however I don't seem to be able to log on to my iTunes and when I connect my iPod to my desktop it isn't recognised. Any ideas?

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
I was given a couple of CDs for Christmas and have been trying to download them to my iPod, however I don't seem to be able to log on to my iTunes and when I connect my iPod to my desktop it isn't recognised. Any ideas?

You will need to be in iTunes to download your CD‘s to that. First port of call I’d to get into your iTunes.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Years ago I downloaded cds onto a desktop then to the iPod.
It stopped working like that a long time ago.
Tech in work said “ it’s not updated with the latest updates and might not work like that again”
Don’t know if that’s true or not ,but hasn’t worked like that since.

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
I recently switched over to Apple Music from Spotify. I recall downloading my own CDs on to I Tunes years ago and so when I realised Apple Music didn't have a few of my favourite albums in its library, I looked into downloading them from my own CD. It worked perfectly, so I think any issues must be down to not having the latest updates.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site

Search Results
Featured snippet from the web
How to import CD tracks to iTunes?
  1. Open iTunes and tap on Edit > Preferences.
  2. Select the General tab and navigate to the “When you insert a CD” section. Click on the “Import” button. ...
  3. Return to the main iTunes window and insert a music CD in your PC. ...
  4. iTunes will begin importing the contents of your CD.
  5. That's it!