It is why I play in England

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Will clubs need to put up signs warning of midges, wasps and bees?
You might joke but I’ve had several bouts of antibiotics and have scarring off the insect bites I’ve gotten from my course! I blame the fertilisers mutating them 😂

D-S

Visit site
Played Hans Merensky GC, near the Kruger Park. I believe a German lady was killed there when she approached a baby elephant near the 15th green, the mother was not far away.
Also played Skukuza in the Kruger Park, which is unfenced- the scorecard features a photo of a lion eating a wildebeest on the first fairway - you seriously don’t wander off the fairway there.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Seen some good sized snakes over here, most harmless. Biggest was about the size of a canoe. A few scorpions too. Plenty of killer tortoises and a good few (Ninja) turtles.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Played Hans Merensky GC, near the Kruger Park. I believe a German lady was killed there when she approached a baby elephant near the 15th green, the mother was not far away.
Also played Skukuza in the Kruger Park, which is unfenced- the scorecard features a photo of a lion eating a wildebeest on the first fairway - you seriously don’t wander off the fairway there.
Not to sure that a lion or an elephant would be that concerned about whether you were on the fairway or in the rough.
I strongly suspect they are also unaware of the etiquette regarding interruption whilst you are playing a shot.

D-S

Visit site
Not to sure that a lion or an elephant would be that concerned about whether you were on the fairway or in the rough.
I strongly suspect they are also unaware of the etiquette regarding interruption whilst you are playing a shot.
We had to sign a waiver before playing so I assume the lions were quite happy that we couldn’t sue them. However, any rustling from the bush certainly was pretty off putting.

AussieKB

Visit site
Played Saturday at a course north of Perth (OZ) and there was a Tiger snake about 5 yards from the clubhouse, they can kill you and are aggressive at times, over the years have seen a lot of snakes but if you leave them alone they leave you alone.

People who get bitten have most likely stepped on one by accident.