It is why I play in England

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Holy moly! Terrifying!
I played the Blue Canyon course in Phuket and almost trod on a cobra. I heard my caddy shouting and thought she was offering me a beer! And I had one after seeing the thing slither away just in front of my feet! ?
Played in Naples, FL at Old Corkscrew (stunning!) and was told if the ball goes beyond the rough into any scrubland, you immediately take free and full relief from the edge. "There's thing in there that'll bite ypu, eat you and kill you!" was the advice from the pro shop. That and "Don't go and try to get your ball out of the water hazard."...

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
There were signs warning you of snakes in the rough when I played a course in Hong Kong. Meant it was a good source of balls when I went in and looked for mine.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
I've seen Adders at Orsett, Woodbridge and Hankley Common in the past and a few Grass Snakes round my home course....but in similar vein to CF's post...nothing is as dangerous as a Canada Goose with young.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
I've seen Adders at Orsett, Woodbridge and Hankley Common in the past and a few Grass Snakes round my home course....but in similar vein to CF's post...nothing is as dangerous as a Canada Goose with young.
I wonder if heathland courses have issue with adders.

Canary Kid

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Seems odd … a snake that long could not get into a standard size golf hole. When you saw the hole after it had left, the cup was way below the surface, suggesting that it was artificially deep. Also, the hole looked larger than usual when compared to the flagstick size. Not saying it was faked, but it looks a bit dubious to me.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Played a course in Victoria that had been cut out of the bush. Before going out I was told to avoid looking for my ball if it went much off the fairway. Never saw anything scary, enjoyed my surroundings, and found playing the oil-sand greens just a bit curious.

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I seem to remember that many, many years ago, someone was bitten by an adder on the (?17th) at Westerham GC. He went after it and was bitten again by another. He spent a while in hospital. He threatened to sue Uncle Ron but I'm not sure what the outcome was - other than warning signs being immediately put up. I saw adders there on many occasions in different locations. Also seen several at Wrotham Heath GC.