IS This The End For West Ham?

CarpeDiem

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I see that the FA are investigating the Carlos Tevez affair, and if they are found guilty then they could be hit with a fine in excess of £50,000,000. To pay this fine West Ham would have to sell more or less all of their players, adn this would be the end of them, even though Tevez last played for West Ham in 2006.

Do the FA just hate football or just Luton and West Ham?

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
The thing I don't get, is how come Liverpool get to play Masherano, and the Mancs get to play Tevez, when I can't see any difference between what they are doing, and what West Ham did.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
As in most sports these days there's too many people trying to screw money out of the game.

What annoys me is Sheffield whining about being relegated because the Inquirey panel didn't dock WH points. How can that possibly be WH's fault. IF WH were up front about all their dealings in the matter and the panel decided to fine them instead of docking points that's it. End of story. If Sheffield Utd were good enough they'd have stayed up regardless of who was playing for WH.

Just confirms my opinion of Football in the upper tiers.

Bunch of Girls..................................

Fore

Head Pro
Visit site
I wish i understood this a bit better :D, but from what i can see West Ham have commited 2 separate offences. The first one they were fined £5.5m and that should have been an end to that offence.
The second offence relates to the last three matches of the season after the initial panel ruled Tevez's contract was unlawful and West Ham continued to play him stating that the third party contract which was at fault in the first offence had been cancelled when it apparently it had not. I am a lifelong Hammer and obviously i do not weant to see West Ham suffer, but i must admit something does not smell right regarding the CEO's comments. It's a shame because i feel West Ham are on the verge of good era and seem to be getting their act together under Zola and especially with Steve Clarkes' influence.
I suppose it's a case of watch this space!

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
Being a Yid I seriously dislike Wet Spam with a passion.

They are always giving it the "were a bigger club" tripe.

It is their fans who really grate on me and I apologise in advance to any decent ones bu all I hear from the spammers is "we won the world cup" "bobby moore, blah blah" "my dad knew the krays" etc etc etc and to be honest it gets right up my nose.

I really hope they go to the wall, then all the spammers will have to support someone else, probably the squatters from south london (arsenal) just to annoy us even more.

As a side, the fella behind the tevez thing, joorabchian, has just had another half a dozen businesses in kent go bust owing MILLIONS all over the shop. Look at his companies records and you will see that everything he does turns to shite leaving a trail of bad debt. Why do the big investment banks keep giving him a blank cheque-book to play with???