Is This Normal Wear & Tear Or Would You Send It Back?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I got my golf bag in August last year, so had it 10 months, but only 6 months of actually usage taking lockdowns into account. It is a hybrid bag though so it's been used every round for those months. There's two areas of wear with the stitching coming out, on the base and on the handle:

Do you think that's acceptable wear and a tear?? I'm wondering whether to enquire about using the warranty, or whether they'll just laugh me out of there.

(If the pictures aren't clear both are basically holes where all the stitching has come out.)

Edit: Update in post #25.

Last edited:

NoLayingUp

Visit site
Do you have the original purchase receipt and any evidence of a warranty period e.g 6-12 months?

You clearly seem unhappy with its deterioration so probably best to work on the premise "you don't ask, you don't get"

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Depends on what I paid for the bag!

I will note - you mention pictures - there are none :ROFLMAO:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Do you have the original purchase receipt and any evidence of a warranty period e.g 6-12 months?

You clearly seem unhappy with its deterioration so probably best to work on the premise "you don't ask, you don't get"
My wife got it from online so there should be an email confirmation if we can dig it out.

Depends on what I paid for the bag!

I will note - you mention pictures - there are none :ROFLMAO:
Err..
topicpictures.PNG

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
I can see the second post -

Id call that minimal - my Taylormade bag is probably in worse nick after being just over 12 months old. But it has done 160 rounds....

karenburton1305

Visit site
£100 MacGregor bag from HotGolf (I think).

Oh gosh yeah you'd expect to get longer out of that then! Have you checked reviews of the bag online to see if other people have had the same issue? Could tell you if you've just got an unlucky one or it's a faulty product etc!

NoLayingUp

Visit site
9 holes minimum 4 days a week...
18 holes minumum twice!

Shes a good one! And shes letting me have my last summer of freedom before our little one arrives in 2022!

You've won the jackpot right there! Congratulations on the little one, hope everything goes as smoothly as it can do. Best feeling in the world :)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Oh gosh yeah you'd expect to get longer out of that then! Have you checked reviews of the bag online to see if other people have had the same issue? Could tell you if you've just got an unlucky one or it's a faulty product etc!
Most reviews are ok, but then people tend to put the reviews up when they've only had it 2 weeks.

There's actually a third bit of damage I forgot to post, the lining of the valuables pocket is completely ripped just inside the zip, so you can put your hand straight through to the larger pocket below. I think I'll send the photos to HotGolf and see what they say.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
I'm only jealous. I got married , moved house and had a baby in the space of 18 months.....had a bit of a negative effect on how much I got to play.

Ive spaced mine out nicely! Married 3 years, house for 2 - it was always baby time soon :ROFLMAO:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Most reviews are ok, but then people tend to put the reviews up when they've only had it 2 weeks.

There's actually a third bit of damage I forgot to post, the lining of the valuables pocket is completely ripped just inside the zip, so you can put your hand straight through to the larger pocket below. I think I'll send the photos to HotGolf and see what they say.
I think the tricky bit is being able to show that it's down to poor manufacturing of the bag or just general use.
A bag should last some time but if what you do with it in some way cause excess friction on certain parts, and im not suggesting you necessarily have by the way, then is that the fault of the bag or the user..?
Definitely worth a try though..

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think the tricky bit is being able to show that it's down to poor manufacturing of the bag or just general use.
A bag should last some time but if what you do with it in some way cause excess friction on certain parts, and im not suggesting you necessarily have by the way, then is that the fault of the bag or the user..?
Definitely worth a try though..
Yeah I think the same as you, they'll probably fob me off and say it's general use and they can't confirm I've looked after it or whatever.