Is the current Monarchy too costly for the UK

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Wonder if Banchory Buddha has any comments on the great welcome for King Charles today in Dunfermline? And maybe he can also think about the booing for Ms Sturgeon at the same event?

Maybe he isn’t the official spokesman for all things Scottish after all?

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Wonder if Banchory Buddha has any comments on the great welcome for King Charles today in Dunfermline? And maybe he can also think about the booing for Ms Sturgeon at the same event?

??

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site

Not sure I would use Dunfermline as a barometer for the will of the country.

They’d turn out in force and cheer the opening of a letter here.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

You can be against something but still be polite. I don't want a monarchy but if Charles came to my town I wouldn't demonstrate against him or boo him. I just wouldn't go to see him.

Having a few hundred people supporting him, or the opposite, doesn't mean anything either way.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site

Those support him will go to see him. Those that don't, won't. Therefore hardly a surprise that the crowd were cheering?

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Those support him will go to see him. Those that don't, won't. Therefore hardly a surprise that the crowd were cheering?

Exactly, a proportion of a crowd who go to cheer a British King is most likely going to boo a Scottish First Minister who want's independence.
Unionist grasping at straws as usual.
Desperate to see another King Billy followed by a King Dod. ;)