Is my swing any good

CrapHacker

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Yup

if you're off 28 with that swing, I think you should give it up.

Your putting must make you suicidal.

It's a better swing than mine, that's for sure.

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
When your handicap comes down, are you going to change your forum name?

Nice swing if you're a 28 handicapper.
Noticed a couple of things:
It looks like you take the club away on an exagerated outside path.

For the 7 iron, you appear to move your eyes away from the ball, ie it looks as though you start to look in the direction of the camera.

Handicap28

Hacker
Visit site
Ok, I'm not off 28 - I'm playing off 25!!!! Funny enough though, recently its my pitching, chiping and putting thats been saving my scores and have been hitting the ball pretty dreadfully on the course. Annoying as at the range it's not been too bad. Am playing to around 25 at the moment as I am struggling off the tee - when I have rounds where I drive well I know I am capable of shooting well below that - best round this year was 11 over, I putted poorly that day and could see where I left a number of shots on the course. Have been working hard from 100 yards in and can see a big improvement this year.

Have only noticed on the video that I have a bit of a habit of following the club back with my head at the start of the swing - didn't realise I was doing it. Have been taking lessons and currently trying to shorten my backswing and need to try and stop my wrists collapsing at the top of the backswing - can go across the line with the club and get steep on the downswing - think I am using my right hand too much and not the left shoulder / arm / hand.

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm not sure my eyes are working properly when watching these videos?? It looked to me as though the driver swing hit a pushed slice and the 7iron was pull hooking?? But then again I can't follow my own ball off the club for more than about 50yds.

Are my eyes broken?? :eek:

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Great swing for a 25 handicapper. Looks like you have a tendency to be a bit over the top causing a slight pull and possible slice, but you look like you make a good enough move at the ball to get out of that problem.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Sweet BeJeesus!... looks like Pierrot meets Resident Evil :eek:

Do you know this guy?

074-party-face-gesicht-fasching-karneval-carnival-halloween-latex-film-movie-larp-theatre-theater-horror-rubber-gummi-mask-masks-maske-masken.jpg

;)

D

Deleted member 3432

Bandit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wouldn't like to be drawn against you in a knockout comp :D

Seriously, you should not be off 25 for too long with that swing. A few things to work on as mentioned but certainly not a total rebuild!

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
One of the best swings I've seen posted here for rhythm and tempo. Backswing slow and smooth, it looks like a very repeatable action to me.

Birdman

Medal Winner
Visit site
For a 25 h/c great powerful swing you won't be there long. Definite out to in swing on your driver which points towards that slice.10 times I replayed it to get the picture, might help to slow down a bit. Maybe try to get the shaft of the club to go through the point of the shoulder on the backswing which would encourage an in to out swing.

ash01

Assistant Pro
Visit site
On watching that video and based upon your handicap I would say slow it down.

Its very easy to turn up at the range and try to smash the covering off the ball per say.

It looks as though you can connect with the ball well, just that the direction of the ball is off line when leaving the club.

Take your time when on the course as the range is very forgiving.

Slow it down and keep your head as still as is comfortable. Over time you will develop your own swing anyway, but that would be my advice for now.

Here are some cracking videos on youtube that I passed onto a friend of mine struggling with ball approach, address and positioning.

http://www.cogolf.ca/golf-video-library

Ash!!