Is it legal to.....

Gustavo

Head Pro
Visit site
place an orange castle tee about 8 inches in front of by tee'd up balls in a direct line between the ball and my intended target, and then drive like that around my course for a whole round, and then use that days card to hand in towards my handicap ?

Or do practice techniques used during a bounce game make a scorecard invalid for official uses ?

I'm going to try something new tomorrow while having a round, it'll be only my third full 18 round since I joined about a month ago. Due to work, and busy weekends I've only managed a 2-3 9 hole rounds a week.

Cheers in advance.

Gustavo

Head Pro
Visit site
Cheers Homer. I got the idea from an article in this months GM, there was a bit advice to help aiming by placing a coin in front of the ball.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
No you can't pick up a leaf and ove it so it's directly in your target line in the same way you can't put a marker down. You can use anything that is growing or lying there naturally (speck of dirt, leaf, mark on the grass etc)

Check out rule 8-2 for confirmation

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
But there is nothing to stop you placing your tee in line with said leaf.

Exactly.

On the teeing ground - if you are so inclined - tee it up with a mark, leaf or whatever as your alignment aid. I generally use the edge of a divot.

Through the green, if you have a quick look, there usually something you can spot to use as the aid - a leaf, a different coloured piece of grass or something (eg two inches left of the daisy...)

As Homer says, what you can't do, is move something into line to be the aid.

Herbie

Tour Winner
Visit site
If you can't find the best flat spot for stance and find something to line up on from a golf course tee area, you need specsavers or an anorak. :D :D :D

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just to endorse what other have said.
If you stand back, pick your line behind some mark (divot etc..) Then put your tee in. Easier than teeing up, then looking for something to line up with