Is England Golf and Scottish Golf App compatible?

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I have some Open’s to play in Scotland soon.

Will I b e able to download the scores OR are they added automatically?

This seems to have been going on for some time.

Any help would be appreciated

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
England Golf issued the following statement on 26th April (you would hope that this should also allow Opens in any country to send scores back to players' Home Courses automatically):

"England Golf and the GB&I home nations (Scotland, Wales & Ireland) have been working closely with DotGolf to digitise the submission of general play scores via the MyEG app. We are excited to announce this functionality will be going live very soon.

The update will be seamless, and counties/clubs and players do not need to take any further action. Previously, the only way to submit scores were for players to send back their scorecards to their respective home clubs for manual input. With the improved functionality, golfers will be able to use the MyEG app to search for, create score intents and submit scores on any golf course affiliated with England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland.

Furthermore, with this improved functionality, players may have their scores attested by any golfer who is an affiliated member or member of one of the independent golfer programmes within GB&I.

This is an exciting time for golfers within GB&I, England Golf are aware of the pressing need for golfers who regularly travel and play golf across the British Isles to have a digital solution to submitting scores and to be able to do it via the MyEG app ensures consistency with the current process for score submission in England. This will again, demonstrate the strong working relationships England Golf have with the Scottish, Welsh and Irish nations, enabling us to collaborate to improve the amateur game for all GB&I golfers."

Last edited:

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Makes me laugh how they dare to put a positive spin on something so basic that has taken so long to do, and we're still not there yet!