Iron swing question

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So got on alot better today, much better contact with the ball and no real drop in distance suprisingly! One thing i did struggle with though was I found I was focusing on my tempo and was forgetting to rotate through with my hips causing me to get all handsy, and tips on getting my hips to behave?🙈🤣
Lunatic speed swing usually ends with a glancing blow.
Slower swing that collects the ball properly will be better and longer.
It will take time to adjust and you will find the hips start to rotate at your tempo.
If they don’t you can always take Salsa lessons.

bighairydel

Visit site
Lunatic speed swing usually ends with a glancing blow.
Slower swing that collects the ball properly will be better and longer.
It will take time to adjust and you will find the hips start to rotate at your tempo.
If they don’t you can always take Salsa lessons.
Now googling local salsa classes 🕺🕺🕺🤣

Humpy

Visit site
Hi Del, I have had the pleasure of seeing your swing in the flesh. Have to say I never got the feeling that you were handsy or trying to force it. You just need to find a tempo and/or swing %age that you can replicate consistently. To me you have a swing very much like Dustin Johnson.

A very sound piece of advice I was given years ago was "Don't hit it harder, hit it better."

bighairydel

Visit site
Well I started hitting it well today then had a crap hole and forgot everything I was trying to do and went into meltdown. Trying to hit the plastic off the ball all the time and turned into Chunky McChunkerson. Golf is some game. 🙈🤣

bighairydel

Visit site
Hi Del, I have had the pleasure of seeing your swing in the flesh. Have to say I never got the feeling that you were handsy or trying to force it. You just need to find a tempo and/or swing %age that you can replicate consistently. To me you have a swing very much like Dustin Johnson.

A very sound piece of advice I was given years ago was "Don't hit it harder, hit it better."

Cheers Humpy! I'm hoping the new clubs will help me sort it out and get a bit of consistency. Seems so long ago when we were fitted!