iron shafts

nil1121

Head Pro
Visit site
Hello,

Could anybody tell me if there is a similar shaft to the true temper dynamic gold R300 SL ? do Projext X do a shaft similar ?

I bought my daughter a set of nike combo pro irons with the true temper shafts but she just cant get on with the blades so looking to sell them and get a decent secondhand set of irons but its pretty hard to find a set with the true temper shaft.

any advice is appreciated.

thanks
neil

shewy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
kbs c taper are lightweight low launch shafts,best bet is to go on a few of the shaft manufacturers websites and see,the DG SL are 105g shafts which launch low.You may want to look down the nippon shaft range as I think they will be closer to the SL R300

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
If you are shopping around for shafts, I think it would be worth trying the Mizuno shaft optimiser. Three swings and it will give you three shaft recommendations based on your swing speed, tempo and other factors.

For a straight swap from an R300 SL, I agree that the Nippon (1050, probably) is a good shout. Not sure about the C Taper, but the KBS 90 gram shaft might be worth a look. I think Project X might feel rather harsh after a TT DG SL shaft but worth a try. You would probably be looking at a 4.5 flex in the PX.

MGL

Challenge Tour Pro
www.mygolf.me
If I was you, find your local independent club fitter and go to them. Project X & C Taper have completely different profiles across their lengths and are designed for completely different players. There is also a big cost difference between the two. A VERY good lower cost, lightweight alternative can be found in the Apollo range. They make some excellent quality shafts, especially down at the 95,85, 75 gram weight points. I've built a few sets with these shafts and they have a quality (frequency consistency, spine consistency, weight consistency, etc) that compare extremely well against more expensive ones.