Internet Explorer Users

Sneds

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Piffle! There are loads of exploits for Firefox and probably more on the way... good way to get at nerds if you ask me.

Firefox Exploits
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=firefox+exploits&meta=&aq=f&oq=

Chrome exploits
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&...mp;aq=f&oq=

IE is attacked at a higher frequency than the other two browsers because it's easy and it will affect more people.

I never said that the other two browsers mentioned were absolutely perfect. However, it seemed that two national governments saw it fit to recommend that people change from IE. For me, that's a pretty big statement.

Clubchamp, no you don't have to uninstall it. It's only if you use the browser to surf the internet and go on dodgy sites, open dodgy links etc etc x

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
IE has been rubbish for years and is fundamentally flawed. Some of the exploits in other browsers are highly technical and of little practical concern.

To cure the underlying problem move away from Microsoft altogether.

(written in Camino on a Mac)

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have IE, firefox, chrome and opera all installed on my laptop.
I can't think of any aspect of IE that I like, I don't use it.

I mostly use Chrome, seems the fastest and most hassle-free to me.
Oh, somewhat unsurprisingly, I use firefox on linpus lite.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have no idea what you lot are on about...I turn my PC on and then I can browse the t'internet....I've got google - what's mozilla firefox?

Mozilla Firefox is a browser, the programme you use to go on the internet. You can use google, Yahoo and other search engines on any of these different browsers, just like you can visit GM on any browser. IE is well known to be an insecure browser, and firefox is generally thought to be better. Google have introduced a browser relatively recently called Chrome which is pretty good too. None are perfect, but some are better than others.

toonarmy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Usual claptrap tecnhnology story jumped on by the anti-Microsoft brigade.

If anyone is still using IE6 (the only version affected) then they clearly are not up-to-date anyway. In fact, how you could still even be using IE6 is a mystery to me.

So don't go spreading ill-informed nonsense. I've used IE in its various iterations for years and never once had any security problem - not once. Firefox and Chrome are just variants that do a similar job but are just as susceptible to security flaws but funnily enough they don't get the coverage that bad old Microsoft get.

Sneds

Tour Rookie
Visit site
So don't go spreading ill-informed nonsense.

"Microsoft themselves admit there is a vulnerability, even in IE8," said Graham Cluley of security firm Sophos.

I'd rather you blame the BBC mate, instead of telling me what to post. The fact that one man in the North of England hasn't had a security issue isn't exactly proof of how secure the browser is. x

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
If anyone is still using IE6 (the only version affected) then they clearly are not up-to-date anyway. In fact, how you could still even be using IE6 is a mystery to me.

Hehe... I still use IE6, basically because i didn't like the look of IE7 when it came out and haven't yet bothered to install IE8 I do have Firefox installed but only for previewing websites I build, I hate it as a browser.

I have never had a problem with my PC in 9 years (apart from a burnt out graphics card).

The anti-Micro$oft brigade always jump on stories, I think they are secretly funded by Firefox :p

Sneds

Tour Rookie
Visit site

Hehe... I still use IE6, basically because i didn't like the look of IE7 when it came out and haven't yet bothered to install IE8 I do have Firefox installed but only for previewing websites I build, I hate it as a browser.

I have never had a problem with my PC in 9 years (apart from a burnt out graphics card).

The anti-Micro$oft brigade always jump on stories, I think they are secretly funded by Firefox :p

I love windows vista, I hate IE x

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Usual claptrap tecnhnology story jumped on by the anti-Microsoft brigade.

So don't go spreading ill-informed nonsense. I've used IE in its various iterations for years and never once had any security problem - not once. Firefox and Chrome are just variants that do a similar job but are just as susceptible to security flaws but funnily enough they don't get the coverage that bad old Microsoft get.

Oh, in that case, we will contact the Germans and French and tell them toonarmy has had no problems and they should withdraw their advice. Phew!

In fact, Firefox and other browsers are NOT just variants on IE, nor are they just as susceptible. Any mug can get caught using any browser, but people using IE are at higher risk. Sorry, but that is how it is.

Sigh, this claptrap from Microsoft apologists and deniers gets rather tiring.

toonarmy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Oh, in that case, we will contact the Germans and French and tell them toonarmy has had no problems and they should withdraw their advice. Phew!

Or they could just get off legacy software and use something less susceptible to vulnerabilities. I was just pointint out that I have never had an issue with it, I work in the industry and you rarely, if ever, hear the positive experiences.

In fact, Firefox and other browsers are NOT just variants on IE, nor are they just as susceptible. Any mug can get caught using any browser, but people using IE are at higher risk. Sorry, but that is how it is.

Sorry, but yes they are. They are all browsers ergo they are variants of each other. Yes, they are also just as susceptible technically speaking but because MS is 'the devil', hacker geeks concentrate their efforts on the most used technology.

If Firefox was the most deployed browser in the world, it would be the one with all the attacks and its security holes exploited. That is how it is.

Sigh, this claptrap from Microsoft apologists and deniers gets rather tiring.

Neither an apologist nor a denier. I see them all for what they are without any personal bias. Anyone who gets involved in 'they're rubbish/they're the best' arguments in computing technologies is incapable or unwilling to assess the evidence objectively.

I am no MS fanboy. I just can't stand people who seem to take pleasure in trying to permanently decry a company that have made an enormous contribution to the world as we know it.

No, their products are not perfect. But they're not half bad either.